"Sounded like darling to me." Lee added.

"Must go, have fun boys." You stood and walked as fast as you could back to your dorm.

While sitting at breakfast the next day, Angelina was sitting with the group again. You sat.

"Morning all." You said grabbing some toast.

"Hey, y/n."

"Angelina." You nodded your head to her, she didn't ever tell you the problem she had with you but it seemed like she was past it now.

"Guys, you should all throw me a surprise birthday party." Charlotte suggested.

"It wouldn't be a surprise then would it Chantey." You told her, "plus, your birthday isn't for ages, it's literally a week after the second task."

"Exactly, so by that time I would have forgotten that I asked you to throw me one." Charlotte aid.

"No you won't char." Angelina directed to her, everyone laughed lightly and continued to eat.

As the post was arriving, you looked over to see Ron unboxing something.

"What's ron got?" You asked pointing over to him.

"Oh look, mums sent me something." Ron said, pulling out a long brown robe jacket.

"Mums sent me a dress."

You saw that Harry was mocking him, pulling out something lace from the box. He took the robes to Ginny,

"What are those?" Fred asked.

"Dress robes." You told him, "and I know they aren't for Ginny. She got her dress at the same time as me."

Everyone in the group laughed discretely, except Fred and George who were almost crying.

"Why do we even need dress robes again?" Lee asked.

"The Yule Ball, has been a tradition of the-" Mcgonagall was interrupted by Filch messing with a vinyl speaker. "Tri-wizard tournament, since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity."

You were all separated in the hall, boys on one side girls on the other. You kept looking over at the twins as you were bored on the girl side.

"As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally, because the Yule ball is first and foremost, a dance."

The girl side began giggling and talking amongst themselves, while the boys looked frustrated and embarrassed.

"Silence." Mcgonagall said, "the house of godric gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening mismatching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." The tongue twister caught your attention and you could see it took the twins' too, they were clearly reciting what she had said.

"Now to dance, is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to take flight, inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance, mr Weasley." She began walking towards Ron.

She made Ron dance with her to the music, to which everyone sniggered at him, a few boys whistling as he danced with her.

"Everybody come together, boys on your feet." The girls all stood, excited to begin dancing. The boys however, stiff in their places.

You weren't partially as excited as the rest of the girls but raised from your seat, standing with the rest of the girls. Neville Longbottom was the first boy to stand, he looked for a girl willing to dance with him, you stood forward as many looked down, "I'll dance with you Longbottom."

He smiled as he took your waist. Many boys now stood and took a girl to be their partners to practice, "right Neville, who do you want to dance with right now. We can switch partners."

"Ginny, I want to dance with her."

"Okay follow my lead." You moved your way towards Ginny and her partner spinning and taking him, while she went with Neville.

You felt a tap on your shoulder as you danced with a random gryffindor, "darling, fancy a dance."

"Uh yes sure, sorry-"

"Blake."

"Sorry Blake."

He let you go as you now paired with Fred.

"You're quite good at this y/n." Fred told you as you danced.

"I've had practice."

You both laughed and danced, until you were told to stop. Mcgonagall advised you all continued to practice before the ball, as it was an introductory dance that everyone should be apart of.

AN
Getting closer to the ball, which is one of my favourite things in the whole series- always wishing to be there.

-i <33