Chapter 20

April rushed out of bed and grabbed the nearest coat, Adrian grabbed something from the mini fridge and hid it under his jacket.

"What is that?" April asked intrigued.

"You'll find out soon, let's go." he put his arm around her shoulder and walked her to the door, the hallways were empty, " Coast is clear." Adrian declared. They walked out of their room on the tip of their toes, April had no idea where they were heading she just kept following her boyfriend around, they took a bunch of weird turns and almost got caught by a janitor on the OB floor. Adrian had finally taken the last turn, they were now outside the hospital, in front of April's eyes, in a small corner, Lavender was fluffing pillows inside of a massive fort made from scratch, a tiny radio was playing "Line without a hook." and Adrian's laptop was half open on the side, next to it a projector was on, April turned around and found a huge white sheet hanging from both ends. April tried to open her mouth but before she could let out a word Lavender stood tall and said:" TADA!" 

" Oh my god, I- I don't know what to say." April ran to Adrian , jumped him and gave him the biggest hug " You did all of this for me?" 

" Yeah pretty much, Lavender helped out a little too." he was blushing.

" Ohh that's what you two were talking about." April sounded relieved.

" What else would we been doing?" Adrian and Lavender yelled at the same time looking at April in confusion.

" Ah nothing, never mind." she had a smile on her face she tried to hide.

April rushed to her friend and thanked her with a hug. " Thanks Lavender, you're the best." April whispered to her.

" Okay then, you are both set, it's my time to go, I've got a new episode of " Grey's anatomy" with my name on it, see ya."  Lavender declared.

Before she left, Adrian mouthed her a thank you, she smiled back and went straight inside, April went into the fort squealing like a baby, and Adrian was staring at her more in love than ever.

" Soooo, what are we watching?" April asked leaning her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.

" Well, I was thinking " Five feet apart"?" he says as if he were asking.

April loved the idea and immediately snuggled up against Adrian, but he pushed back.

" Before we get started, don't you want to know what was under my jacket?" he teased, April nodded.

He immediately pulls out a fancy looking tall box, and opens it, inside were gorgeous macarons, April's favorite dessert! Her eyes sparkled, he knew her so well.

"  I love you so much right now."  she said looking at the macarons.

" Are you talking to me or the food Ace?" Adrian smiled.

" Can't it be both?" 

Adrian slowly grabbed her waist with one hand and pulled her in, his other hand gently caressing her hair, April's hand on his cheek he went in for the kiss. A few minutes later, the movie started, they loved it! At the end April was sobbing, Adrian was tearing up as well handing out tissues to his girlfriend and rubbing her shoulders to comfort her. When they had both calmed down (mostly April), she asked:" I loved tonight, but why did you do this?" 

" Well you weren't doing too well, and you needed to let it out-" she cut him off with a kiss.

" Thank you, just thank you, I needed this." she sounded relaxed.

" Well we're not done just yet..." Adrian added.

" What do you mean we're not done?" April replied.

Adrian turned around and grabbed two boxes and handed them to April.

" BLUE HAIR DYE!?" Seriously Adrian?!" April was laughing, she thought he was kidding for a minute there.

" Yes seriously, we're going to sneak back inside, and dye our hair blue." 

" Are you crazy?!"

"Probably, Ace let's just do it, don't think about it." he insisted.

" Okay what the hell let's go." she got up and held her hand out for Adrian, he took it and they cleaned everything up real nice and quick. Sneaking back inside was easier now since it was 5 am everyone was asleep. They got to their room and went straight into the bathroom.

" So, we'll flip a coin, heads you'll start tails I start." April declared.

Adrian grabbed a coin from his wallet and flipped it...

"AHA, it's tails! After you Ma'lady." he sounded very excited.

Adrian grabbed the bleach and started working on April's hair, he was such a pro at it April was scared she was going to mess up his. April's hair was now bleached and Adrian was applying the blue hair dye on. She was done and waiting for it to sit, in the mean time, she started with Adrian's hair, the bleaching process went very well, April was now dying his hair she only got distracted for a split second.

" OUCH!" Adrian screamed.

" What what! What did I do!?"

Adrian pointed to his eyes in which April had put dye inside. While Adrian was groaning in pain she tried to rinse it out as fast as possible and got out most of it, she kept apologizing the entire time and Adrian had to tell her he was going to be okay for over a million, to Adrian's luck he had no severe reaction to the product and the night went along.

When they were both waiting for the color to soak in, they chatted and cracked up a few jokes, they had both been having the best night of their lives, it didn't hurt to have this much fun once in a while.

They finally rinsed their hair out and blow dried it. April and Adrian stared at their reflections, you could see the shock on both their faces, they really had blue hair!

" Well Adrian, congratulations, we finally look like an old married couple." April joked.

" Ah Ace, come on now! We look so rad right now!" 

"Who says "rad" " April teased.

Adrian grabbed her from her waist and threw her on his back, they were both laughing to the point where they couldn't catch their breaths...