15. FEAR

jungkooks first experience with the extremity of fear was when he was a 4 years old.

through the deafening screams and the thundering heartbeat of his mother against his ear, his little hands had clutched so hard at her cloak.

the black smoke burned his eyes, the fire rising to heights above their frame; the agonizing howls of his alpha father had reached his ears through the still burning walls of the hut.

to save the life of his son, the luna of jeon pack had sacrificed her life that day; throwing the little frame of her son outside the window as flames engulfed her body.

jungkook thought nothing could surpass the fear and sadness he experienced that day.

now 20 years later, after going through thousands of hurdles life put him through, rising out of all of it as the strongest- that fear had come to visit him again.

day and night, in the scorching sun and the soaking rain, he kept on searching the forest hoping to find atleast a trace of taehyung.

but nothing.

right now he is back at namjoons, tired body falling onto the mattress, lungs breathing in the jasmine scent as if starved.

he felt numb, even hopeless.

sometime later he fell asleep- the first rest he had gotten in days, but he was quickly wakened by a dream that consisted of tufts of blonde fur and piercing blue eyes.

eyes opening to the gloomy darkness, his senses picked up another presence and soft hands on his cheek.

"jinae?" jungkooks groggy voice questioningly looked at the little girl who is glancing worriedly at him.

"when did u come back?" the alpha sat up blinking the sleep off his eyes, careful to not jostle the child.
jinae was with seokjins mom ever since all the mess started, as her parents had deemed it best not to worry the girl.

"uncle kookie, are you still sad?" jinae completely ignored the question, little face still containing so much worry for her age.

jungkook just looked at her like a deer caught in headlight.

"papa said kookie is sad coz taetae went to tour without you" jinae said puppy eyes filled with sympathy for his uncle.

despite all the worry, a side of jungkooks lips turned up at that. his niece is just so precious.

"yes jinae-ah uncle will be sad until he can find tae. " jungkook said. he didn't even have to fake the sadness in his voice.

jinae looked so distressed, not at all liking that his uncle is sad and sue her she misses taehyung too.

"you miss him?" the girl asked eyes wandering around the room, taking in its state and jungkooks disheveled appearance.

"so much" jungkook said with a sigh.

jinae felt too bad now. determined to help her uncle feel better, she took pillows and blankets with taehyungs scent lying on the bed closer to jungkook, hoping it will comfort him.

jungkooks heart felt warm after so many days at that.

suddenly the girls eyes widened running off the room in a hurry.

jungkook shaked his head at her silliness. he got off bed, already thinking of searching the northern borders next.

just as he was about to leave the room, jinae came running to him again, her little feet skipping to him. after reaching near jungkooks feet, jinae had looked at him with sparking eyes devoid of all the worry as she outstretched what looked like papers at him.

jungkook was in a hurry, but he didn't had the heart to reject the pup. so he kneeled on the floor and took the papers from her. jinae always had the habit of showing him her drawings.

"what are these now?" jungkook sinsonged as he observed them.

"me and taetae drew these. it will make kookie happy" she said excitedly.

jungkooks heart skipped at that as he now gazed at the drawings with mirth.

most of the drawings were of what kids typically do- flowers, butterflies, houses, stick figures, everything too colorful ; meanwhile jinae was chatting his ear off explaining the drawings.

after the first few papers the drawings got better... much much better.

the drawings were of beautiful landscapes dotted with homes. it was clear that taehyung drew this.

jungkooks fingers went through all the minute details of the drawings, corners of his eyes now getting wet.

he went through about 4 of them until he noticed that all are of the same landscape. he quickly went through all, everything of the same greenery- weirdly it felt familiar.

"taetae made good drawings. he loves drawing mountains. said he wants to go there too" jinae said with that childish tone.

jungkooks head snapped at her in lightning speed.

"did he say that jinae? taehyung said he wanted to go there?" jinae faltered at the serious tone from his uncle who always uses baby voice at her.

meanwhile jungkook was short circuiting with all the information. the mountains from the drawings, they looked like the ones on northern side outside the pack territory.
could what he is thinking be true?

"yes taetae wanted to go" jinae said fidgeting.

jungkook took her in his arm, spinning twice making the girl giggle.

jungkook was smiling now.

"did taetae's drawing make kookie happy?" jinae bounced in his arms.

"very much" jungkook beamed putting her down gently and running away to find yoongi.

□□□

fear.

taehyungs legs trembled as he was lifted up by the hands clutching his hair.

fear.

tears rolled down his eyes as the rogue alphas laughed at his struggle.

fear.

disgust filled him as the invading hands pushed him to one of the dark caves in the mountains.

fear.

"bitch got a mating mark. did you ran away from your alpha?"

"mutthead couldn't even keep his omega in line"

"such a pretty slut"

"dont worry omega. we will give it you good"

fear.

□□□

a/n : dw i will put an end to all the angst one day :)