•XLIX - How Curious•

DRACO MALFOY never knew he'd be the type of person to trespass private property.

But here he is, standing in front of twelfth Grimmauld place, his shoulders stiff as uncooked pasta.

He has no idea what came into his mind when he snuck out of their manor and climbed onto the Knight bus to ride all the way to Y/N's house. He knew she wasn't there. He knew that after the wedding attack, they'd be in hiding.

Or maybe she didn't listen to him and still went to Hogwarts.

The thought of it made his heart ache. What if she was in Hogwarts getting tortured? What if she couldn't take it?

All the what if's in Draco's mind, and he didn't have a single answer.

Draco climbed the steps to the porch. He raised his hand to knock, but decided against it. No one would answer the door, even though he hoped to see Y/N open the door and give him the biggest smile ever. He wanted her in his arms, he wanted her safe. But she can't be safe with him.

He held the door nob. He was surprised that it was open when he turned it. He expected it to be locked.

But it seemed like there were people around not only an hour ago.

"Hello?" Draco tried calling out as he walked in, "Is anyone home?"

For a moment, no one answered. It was enough for Draco to walk forward and towards the stairs. The hallway felt longer than it actually is. He walked through, looking at the doors he walked by, reading the names on the door.

But the door on the very end made him stop. The door didn't have a name on it, and it took the blonde's interest.

He pushed the door open, seeing as it was not closed, and immediately, he knew who's room it was. He smelt the scent of her, and immediately, he felt like as if he's invading Y/N's privacy.

But he already trespassed their house, he was already doing something illegal.

The bed was unmade, their were clothes on the floor, and the window was slightly open, as if someone packed for a trip last minute.

Draco paid no mind of the mess and walked around the room. On the girl's desk were pieces of parchment and a bottle of ink. They were small scribbles of drawings. They looked like the sunset, or maybe it was the sunrise. Draco didn't know. 

His eyes turned towards her bookshelves. He didn't really expect her to have books, but to his surprise, there were books on her shelf. Most of them were muggle books. Draco let his eyes run along its titles, and his eyes stopped at one.

"The Little Prince," he read the title out loud, pulling the book from its place. He looked at the cover. He saw a little blonde boy, his back facing the cover. The little boy sat with what seemed to be a fox. It intrigued Draco, so he took it, and planned on reading it later.

He walked back towards the girl's desk. There were drawers, and he doubt there were anything in there. But instinct told him to open them.

Draco knelt down, and pulled out the very last drawer. And what he found inside made him choke up a sob.

Taking the small box in his hand, he opened it and saw the ring inside of it. He felt his knees weaken,  making him fall on the floor. He stared at the ring in his hands. She left it. She's given up on him.

"A Malfoy inside my humble home," Draco jumped at the voice. He stood up and raised his wand out of habit, "How curious," said Sirius Black himself.

Draco always thought about meeting Y/N's father, but not like this. He didn't know whether to put his wand down to show respect or keep it up incase Sirius held a grudge and decided to attack him.

The blonde decided to keep his guard up, but nevertheless, apologize, "I'm aware that I have illegally entered your house. I apologize," he said, his voice low, "I will leave if you promise to never tell anyone you saw me, sir."

Sirius chuckled at the young man. He shook his head, "You fascinate me, Draco Malfoy. No wonder my daughter likes  you," he said with a smile, and Draco couldn't help but blush, "I won't hurt you, no need to worry. Nor will I ever speak that you were ever here."

Draco nodded, slowly putting his wand to his side, "Thank you, sir," he said, "I'll leave you to your business."

But Sirius had other things in mind, "I'm only here to get a few things, and I'm off back with the order," he said, "Should've heard the conversation. Moony didn't want me to go by myself, but I said I could handle anything!"

The blonde stood there a bit uncomfortable. He didn't exactly know what to do, nor did he know what to say. He also had no idea why Sirius is making the conversation longer, nor did he know who Moony was.

"It is dangerous going outside these days, sir. I don't suggest you going out alone, nor do I suggest going out at all," Draco told the man.

Sirius tilted his head. Draco noticed that Y/N also did this. She did it when she was either confused or fascinated, "Then why are you out and about, Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco once again was left speechless, Should he say that he misses the man's daughter and is craving for her cuddles? Or should he just lie and tell the man that he's been snooping for the dark lord?

But he couldn't seem to lie, "I wanted to know if she's safe, Mr. Black."

With a slight nod, Sirius said, "I assume she is. Harry won't forsake her sister, I expect."

Draco badly wanted to remind the man of the things Harry had done to Y/N but decided to hold his tongue, "She's with Harry, sir?"

Sirius froze, as if realizing that he said too much, "Huh, did I say that?" he shook his head, "Well, then, time to go now, Malfoy. Your parents must be looking for you."

The blonde cleared his throat and nodded, "Of course, sir. I apologize again," he said and walked towards the door.

But before he could even walk out of the room, Sirius called out to him, "Malfoy," he said.

Draco turned around, his nervous system dancing around like it's in a rave, "Sir?"

Sirius looked at the blonde for a moment, making Draco's hands go sweaty for some reason. That's how nervous he is around Y/N's father. 

But his nervousness disappeared when Sirius gave him a smile.

"Call me Sirius."

~~~

Two updated again yey

Deathly Hallows is so long someone please write all of it for me huhu

anyways, hope yall liked this <3