•XXXII - I'll Never Leave You•

Y/N HAS no idea why Hermione Granger is ignoring her. Has she done something? Because as much as the girl knew, she didn't do anything to make her mad.

It was late at night when Y/N had walked into the Gryffindor common room. She thought that it was empty, but apparently, she was wrong. 

Hermione sat by the fireplace. She hugged her knees to her chest, and he eyes didn't leave the fire, as if she was deep in thought.

"It's late," Y/N started with a sigh as she started walking towards her best friend, "Why are you up?"

Without looking at her, Hermione asked, "I could ask you the same."

Y/N ignored Hermione's answer, and sat down beside her. Slowly and quietly, she asked, "Did I do something?"

This time, Hermione glanced at her, "I don't know, did you?"

"Mione, I really do not know what I did, so if you could please tell me-"

"I'm not one to hold grudges, Y/N. But you've been so.. secretive lately," Hermione cut Y/N off, catching her off guard, "You've been sneaking out late at night! Don't tell me you haven't, because I see you!"

The girl didn't know what to answer. She didn't want to tell Hermione, she didn't want to bring her in this mess, "Hermione-"

"You're slowly drifting away from us. Do you even know that Ron's with Lavender, now?" the bushy haired girl asked, her eyes red, as if she was holding in tears.

Y/N slowly shook her head, "No, I- Lavender?" she asked in disbelief.

Hermione nodded, a small scoff leaving her lips, "You've been missing out on a lot," she said, then slowly, she asked, "What have you really been up to, Y/N Black?"

It was silent after that. Y/N couldn't tell her as much as she wanted to. Not only would it risk her life- she would hate her forever, and she'll tell Ron and Harry, they'll hate her too.

Was it a bad decision to help Draco when he needed her most?

But on the other side, Hermione needed her too. The trio needed her.

It tore her apart to choose. She couldn't, and as much as she hated it, her heart and mind always told her to go to Draco, that he needed her more now than ever. Hermione had Harry and Ron.

"I-I've been pranking a lot," Y/N wanted to hit herself for giving the lamest excuse ever.

Hermione shook her head in disbelief, "I'm only asking because I'm worried, Y/N. But if you don't want to tell me, then maybe you don't need my help, or anyone," she said as she stood up, "You're on your own, Black. I hope you succeed on whatever it is."

With that, Hermione walked up to their dorm room, leaving Y/N by herself staring at the fire, her eyes glassy with tears.

What has she done? 

She's lost Hermione, it won't be long until she lose Harry and Ron, too.

And she couldn't say she'd be surprised if she lost Remus. And Sirius. And everyone else.

Would Draco stay even after everything else?

• • •

The room of requirement looked just like how both Y/N and Draco left it last time they were in there. 

Furniture and dust everywhere. The only ones they could hear as they walked through the hallways of furniture were their footsteps.