•XLVII - R.A.B•

Y/N SOMEHOW managed to get an hour of sleep. But it was soon interrupted with Ron shouting saying he found something.

So with blurry eyes and hazy mind, she stood up and walked towards the sound of Ron's voice. The four of them met in front of a door. On the door it said Regulus Arcturus Black. Hermione entered it, "Lovely," she said, then noticed the name on the door. She read it out loud, and it was as if something clicked inside the three of their brains, not including Y/N.

In fact, she was confused. She had no idea why they're in her uncle's room.

Ron gave Harry and Hermione a look, "R.A.B."

They all went inside and started searching. They had no idea what they were searching for, but they still tried, looking for anything sketchy.

"I've never went in there," Y/N absentmindedly said.

"Were you forbidden?" asked Harry.

The girl shook her head, "I guess it was just to respect ol' uncle Reggie," she said, trying to defuse the tension in the air. 

"He was your uncle?" asked Ron.

Y/N answered with a nod, "Never really knew him, though. Passed away before I was even born," she sighed as she walked around the room.

In the end, they didn't find anything from Regulus' room. But Harry remembered something. 

The four of them sat on the table, a locket, and a piece of parchment on it. Harry took the note and started reading it out loud, "I know I will be dead long before you read this. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it," he read the note said to be written by Y/N's uncle himself.

Leaning forward on the table, Hermione then asked, "Question is, did he actually destroy the real Horcrux?"

Y/N has heard about these said Horcruxes. From what she could remember, it was a part of some dark magic. Said it was to divide your soul into several things, making it hard for one to kill the person. She never knew it was actually real.

Suddenly, they heard a sound coming from one of the broom closets. They all shared a look, and stood up, slowly walking towards the broom closet, Harry leading them.

The green eyed boy turned the knob, and immediately pulled what- or who was inside. Kreacher only shrieked in surprise. Harry pushed the house elf towards a corner, where he won't be able to get away- unless he apparates away.

"You've been spying on us, have you?" Harry said, trying to interrogate the house elf.

Y/N shook her head, "Should've known," she said.

Kreacher hid behind a table, but his eyes glared at them, "Kreacher has been watching."

"Privacy would've been nice, Kreacher," Y/N rolled her eyes at the house elf. She never liked him, nor will she ever do.

Hermione then, got a brilliant idea, "Maybe he knows where the real locket is," she said.

Harry turned and grabbed the necklace. He put it up, showing it to Kreacher. The house elf grimaced at the sight, "Have you ever seen this before?" Harry asked.

But the house elf didn't answer. He tried avoiding the four of their gazes, "Kreacher," Y/N warned. She knew he would follow her, she was one of his masters, after all.

As much as he didn't want to, the house elf obliged, "It's master Regulus' locket," he said.

"There were two, weren't there?" Harry pushed on, "Where's the other one?"

"Kreacher doesn't know where the other locket is," the house elf tried to deny.

Hermione stepped forward, "Yes, but did you ever see it?" she asked, "Was it in this house?"

The elf glared at her, "Filthy mudblood!" he exclaimed.

Ron glared at the elf, and was supposed to attack it, but Hermione held him back. Y/N walked towards the elf, a wand pointed at him. She towered over him, her eyes burning holes through his head, "Answer her," she ordered.

Kreacher could only glare, "Yes. It was here in this house," he said, "A most evil object."

"How do you mean?" Harry asked.

The elf started backing away, "Before master Regulus died, he ordered Kreacher to destroy it.." he then continued, "But no matter how hard Kreacher tried, he could not do it."

"Well, where is it now? Did someone take it?" Harry interrogated more.

"He came in the night. He took many things, including the locket," said Kreacher.

Harry looked at the house elf in the eyes, "Who did?" he asked, "Who was it, Kreacher?"

Kreacher hesitated for a moment, but continued, "Mundungus," he said above a whisper, "Mundungus Fletcher."

Y/N didn't have to think about it twice, "Find him."

And without another second, Kreacher apparated away with a snap of his fingers.

They didn't know, but at that very second, everything outside was changing. Death eaters invading Hogwarts express to look for Harry. The ministry of magic still falling in the hands of Dolores Umbridge herself.

Harry was a wanted wizard. Pictures of him on walls of every shop in Diagon Alley. 

The world was changing, a war was coming, and they all knew that.

Y/N lead them back towards the living room to wait for Kreacher to come back with the thief. She sat down on one of the couches, and hugged a pillow. As she settled on the couch, Ron and Mione sat on the piano together, clearly oblivious of one's feelings towards the other.

A small laugh made its way out of Y/N's lips. For someone as smart as Hermione, she really was dumb to not notice how Ron looks at her.

They started playing, Hermione teaching the redhead how to play the instrument with keys. It was unbearable at first, but as the stars and the moon came up, he was getting better and better.

Harry sat on the couch, Y/N moved towards the window to look at the stars, and the other two stayed right where they were, laughing softly.

"Be a bit gentler," Hermione softly laughed, catching Y/N's attention. Hermione then played Canon in D at ease. Ron just stared at her in awe, making Y/N shake her head with a smile.

She looked up at the sky, knowing well that it was the same sky her father is looking up to. 

Y/N could only pray he was okay, and the rest of the order. She prayed that Remus took care of Tonks. She might stress herself too much, and might have a miscarriage. Y/N couldn't even imagine the pain they would go through.

The girl looked down at her bracelet, fiddling with it, "Mother, please keep father safe. And the rest of the order" she mumbled, hoping that her mother heard her.

Closing her eyes, she kissed her bracelet. It was the only thing keeping her strong now. Because they were on their own, without any idea if they'd make it through this dead or alive.

Maybe, if Y/N can't make it in one piece, maybe she'll finally meet her mother. She could imagine Felicia's beautiful smile as she hugs her daughter.

Y/N smiled at the thought.

But she didn't want to leave her father.

Maybe someday, she'll meet Felicia. But not right now. Her father is counting on her.

Someday, she'll meet her mother.

Someday.

~~~

Two updates on one night.

It's one in the morning, my dearest potahoes.

Gimme ur thoughts, I really hope it was worth staying up late on <3