Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Calling Charleston... unattended.

I've been calling him for the past hour and he's dodging my calls. I also tried to reach his friends but they always said na halos pare-pareho lamang ang sinasabi na busy raw si Charleston dahil may football training daw sila mamaya. And kung mamaya pa pala, why can't he just pick his phone and then answer my call just for a few seconds?

We planned what's going to happen tonight and then he's just going to bail on me? Wala man lang pag-inform sa kin na magiging busy pala siya. But he told me he'll be training for football with his guys these weeks so probably that was this day and it sucks.

Today is my 18th birthday and we've been talking about this since I came to London a few months ago. Pareho kaming sabik na i-celebrate ang birthday ko though celebrating debut wasn't much kind of a celebration abroad rather than back home. Siguro nga iba pa rin talaga kapag lumaki sa kinagisnan but new things and culture help me to discover and not just to the country pati na rin sa sarili ko.

I just got finished my class at dahil wala na naman akong gagawin ay tumungo na lang ako pabalik sa dorm building. Good thing, I have no tests for next week so I don't have to do some reading and can rest for the weekend.

"Mackenzie!" May tumawag naman sa akin at mabilis kong inilingon ang ulo ko to find who it is. Then I found that it was just my block mate from my previous class. Lumapit naman siya sa akin and she's smiling at me. "What are you gonna do tonight?"

I shrugged off. "Nothing. Why do you ask?"

"It's your birthday, right?" she asked and I nodded. "You should go with us! It will be fun!"

"I don't know... where could that be?"

"There's this a friend of ours who's going to throw a party and I thought you should go because it's your birthday. But if you don't like it, that's not a problem."

"Let me think of it. What time and where this party would happen?"

"Wait, I haven't got the details but I'll let you know once I did, alright?" she said and I nodded. "Cool. I'll beep you up once I've got the details. See you and happy birthday."

"Thanks, I appreciate it a lot."

"You're welcome, bye!" she waved and then we separated ways.

I walked out of the building and then proceed to walk straight to where my dorm building is. Pagkarating ko sa kwarto ko ay nakatanggap ako ng message from my block mate whom I talked to earlier and sent me the details where would be the party is going to happen. Nagdadalawang isip naman ako.

I have a plan with Charleston tonight and I don't wanna ruin it but if my boyfriend is going to bail on me then I guess it's better to have a party with some of my block mates.