22) what would i do?

Start from the beginning

He's never worried about death before. While he's never actively sought it out, it's always been at the back of his mind. He used to think that if he died, well, that was it. His death wouldn't matter in the long run, right? But now he is worrying. He finds that he's suddenly scared.

Not of dying, no. There are far worse things than that. He just doesn't want to leave this all behind. Not after all the hard work he's done. Not now that he's just been made All Might's successor. Not when Eraserhead and Present Mic and, hell, even Detective Tsukauchi believe in him for some odd reason.

They don't believe in just Rabbit—they believe in Izuku. They believe in him.

They've changed his outlook on life without even knowing it, and it sucks to think that it won't even matter in the future.

Izuku feels a shift in the air and straightens up, trying to force his face into a more neutral expression when he catches sight of the figure approaching. "You know, stalking a minor is illegal and can get you a minimum of two years in jail."

"You're upset."

It's blunt, as is Eraserhead's way, though not cruel. Izuku doesn't bother facing him fully. He can feel his quirk now that he's seen and heard him, which is yet another thing the boy has yet to look into more. All quirks seem to have a damper on them while their hosts are asleep or extremely tired, but with Eraserhead, it seems like the hero doesn't have a quirk factor at all without Izuku seeing or hearing him first.

Izuku hums in question. "Upset? How can you tell?"

The man sits beside him on the roof's edge—a little too close, and Izuku presses his nails into his palms to calm his discomfort. If the hero notices, he doesn't mention it. Izuku wonders if he sat close on purpose to gauge his reactions.

"Your voice," he says, like it's obvious. "It's higher than usual, even with the voice changer. It's also three in the morning, which is two hours past your normal routine."

His analysis makes Izuku tense just a fraction, but he pushes it away with a smile. "I just like the way the stars look tonight, that's all. Wanna take it all in."

Eraserhead blinks, unamused. "You can't see the stars in this part of Japan."

"Ah," Izuku nods, gravely serious. "So it must be the concussion making me see those lights."

"That's not funny."

Izuku just smirks, letting a snort escape his mouth as he swings his legs over the side like a small child, trying and failing to appear nonchalant.

"You do remember you're a vigilante and I can still legally kick your ass, right?" Is all Eraserhead says, eyebrow quirked, and Izuku doesn't doubt it.

They lapse into silence, both of them feeling the cool night air and watching the city lights below them. It's relatively quiet, save for the faint beeping of horns and hushed voices.

We have that field trip tomorrow. Izuku suddenly remembers, eyes widening under his hood. It's going to be even harder hiding my other abilities now.

The boy didn't mean to find out about their trip to the USJ. Honestly. He'd been looking through their security systems, trying to see what he could possibly get away with at UA and also figure out who the fuck controls the hatches to the vents, when he just so happened to stumble upon the email of approval. Aizawa and All Might had asked to take them there, and Principal Nezu approved it.

So now Izuku knows about it, which is kind of thrilling and terrifying at the same time. He has a feeling the albino stoat knows that he knows, too, and that thought is just another thing for Izuku to worry about.