Chapter 6

** Chapter 6 **

** The next day **

' We need to talk' I got a text from Luke. I stared at it for a while, unsure of what to reply. 

' I can't, I'm babysitting" I texted back, there was a reply immediatley.

' Christie doesn't have any kids?' 

' She went out with some friends and gave me $20 to babysit for her friend for the night' I replied.

' Can I at least come over? we really need to talk' He answered.

' Fine come over at 8, make sure you don't bump into my parents on the way here!' I replied.

' see you then x' he texted back.

** 8.10 pm **

There was a knock at the door, it was Luke.

"hey" He smiled as she walked through into the house.

" the baby is upstairs asleep so we have to be quiet" I warned him.

" okay" He said walking through to the lounge. 

" So what did you want to talk about?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

" Isn't it obvious?" He laughed and joined me on the couch.

" Yeah but what did you want to sort out?" I asked.

" Well firstly, I need to explain" He took a deep breath.

" Yeah you do!" I joked.

" Listen, what happened yesterday wasn't meant to happen," He began." I'll start from the begining, when Jai saw you the first morning you arrived here, he was telling us how he couldn't wait to see you at the wedding and then the wedding came and I saw you" He paused.

" Whats wrong?" I asked.

" Thats when me and Jai promised nothing would happen between you and either one of us, our friendship was more important than any girl" He said." Thats why he can't know i'm here" he added." But then we got to know you," He started to say. " Thats when I realised, I had to have you" He said, looking up into my eyes." Seeing you and Jai getting closer and closer just made me angry, knowing I couldn't have you but I could see you were falling for him, and it crushed me" He said, looking rather upset.

" But Luke, nothings going on with me and Jai, he doesn't like me like that I swear" I said, it was true though, wasn't it?

" That's hard to believe I mean, look at him, he's the buff, sweeter version of me" He sighed." I'm just a sassy look a like." 

" Maybe I like sassy" I winked. Before I knew it we were kissing. Not like last time it was full of passion this time, it meant so much more. The kissing was stopped by the doorbell. 

" I'll get it" I said getting up, Luke smiled. I walked over to the door where I got the shock of my life. I opened the door to see Jai standing there with movies and a bag of doritos.

" JAI!" I exclaimed giving him a massive hug, making it obvious to Luke that he had to hide.

" Woah someones excited to see me" He laughed.

" Yeah well babysitting, it gets lonely" I giggled, while trying to stall him.

" Are you going to let me in?" He laughed.

" Oh yeah sorry!" I said inviting him in. I Hurried into the lounge, Luke was gone.

" So I brought Avatar and American Pie, I don't know which one you'd rather-" He started. " Did you hear that?" Jai asked.