Seventh Year part 3

Start from the beginning

"That's nice for you. What did Takashi write?" Yuri replied disinterested. At least he acted like he didn't care. In reality, he did kind of want to know.

"Who said it was for me. Your boyfriend's cute little sister gave it to me for you. The owl was confused and gave Ela both letters, her own and yours" she explained smiling.

Yuri tried to snatch the letter from her the moment these words left her mouth. Unfortunately for the blond, she dogged his attacks. He gazed at her annoyed, "Give it back you bitch. Also, who said you could read my letters?"

"I didn't. It's not opened yet" she grinned, holding the envelope in front of the boy's face, before pulling it away. She held it up in the air, blocking Yuri with her free hand. Then, suddenly, someone ripped it out of her hand. It took her a moment to realize the letter was missing. She was too focused on Yuri to notice anyone else. It also happened too fast.

Now the letter was in Hayden's hand. He looked at the receiver's name before handing it to Yuri, "I have no clue what you two talked about but I believe this is yours, Yu."

"Thanks, and what did you just call me?" Yuri asked confused. The only person he had ever accepted calling him by a nickname was Otabek.

"Hayden gives everyone nicknames. That's his thing. Don't think about it too much" Jax explained as he passed Yuri to get to the stairs.

"Yep, Jaxy is right. This way it is easier to remember names and it is the proof of our friendship" Hayden replied, passing Yuri as well.

"I see you made some new friends. No fair" Yuuko complained. Ignoring her, Yuri opened the envelope to take out the piece of paper hidden inside of it. He was too focused on reading it to pay attention to Yuuko.

Hey Yura,

How are you? I've been doing well, though Victor almost doubled my workload this week. It's not his fault. I think something big is about to happen.

What you told me about Hogwarts was suspicious enough, but now it seems like weird incidents happen all over Britain. Alone in the past few days we have received the news about at least ten people's mysterious disappearance.

The only two connection we could find between the victims were that they were all rather young, between the ages of 12 and 25, and that they were somehow related to a Death Eater.

I'm not supposed to tell you anything about this, but Victor asked me to inform you about the latest developments after I told him about what had happened in Hogwarts. If you notice anything suspicious, please tell us right away.

Also, this letter is magically altered so that only you can read it. The words will make no sense to anyone but you. Regardless of that, I urge you to keep quiet about this. Tell us everything you know and notice but don't talk to your friends or classmates about any of this.

I love and miss you,
Otabek

"So, what does it say? Is it a love letter?" the smiling girl asked curious.

"Yeah something like that. Anyway, I'd better go. We have activities planned for today. All of them are fun and do not involve you" Yuri replied, avoiding talking about the letter. It was a secret after all. He walked past the girl, paying her no more attention.

Yuri rushed up the stairs, swinging the door open as soon as he reached it. His roommates were sitting on Jax's bed and playing some kind of card game with drinks.

"You have to join us Yu" Hayden said once the boy closed the door behind himself.

"What are you playing?" Yuri asked in response. Some kind of distraction was just what he needed at the moment. He really didn't want to even consider that what started in Hogwarts months ago, could turn into something very ugly. Maybe this was an understatement. Yuri was terrified to think about this possibility because it would mean Victor and Otabek would have to get themselves involved.