Sick Day

Heyo everyone! I apologize for the late chapter, I haven't been feeling too well so I decided to take a break. Still don't feel 100%, but I don't want the week to pass without at least two more chapters going up. Now then, all images, songs and videos used don't belong to me, they belong to their rightful owners. Now on to the chapter!

☀️Monday Morning☀️

*Claire's POV*
The blinding sun was beaming down my face, causing me to wake up.

Rubbing my eyes, I sat up in the bed and looked at my legs.

"I can't move around much, so I have to stay in bed until I can walk around without feeling any pain." The large patch on my leg reminded me of the incident from last night.

Looking over to Whitty, I saw that he was still asleep, drooling a little on the pillow.

"Meow!" Fuse jumped on the bed, walking over to me.

Petting Fuse, I greeted her like I always did, but....

"Why can't I hear my voice?"

I tried to say my name out loud, but a sound barely came out.

I didn't want to wake up Whitty, so I placed Fuse on the ground and dragged myself to the bathroom.

Searching for the First Aid Kit, I felt a cramp in my leg.

"Just bear it for a few more seconds."

Sitting back on the bed, I pulled out the thermometer to check my temperature as I searched on my phone the cause of my voice loss.

"The common cold?" Checking the thermometer, I saw that it read 109 degrees.

"So I have a cold....just great." Packing the kit away, I laid back in the bed, finally feeling the heat getting to my head.

"It's only 10am, why can't I just get a break for a day?!"

Whitty finally woke up to see me breathing out of my mouth.

"What's wrong Claire?" He looked worried, since I've never been sick in front of him.

Showing him the phone, he tried to get close to me but I immediately stopped him.

Typing into the phone, I told him that the cold is contagious and I didn't want him to catch it.

"I need my voice back if I'm going to communicate..." looking up remedies for laryngitis, I found that tea can help as long as it isn't caffeine.

Snapping my fingers to get his attention, I wrote that he has to make me some lime tea to help with my voice and to bring me some water to stay hydrated.

"How do I make the tea?"

"Just take the lime leaves, put them in a small pot of water and let it boil for a few minutes until you see it bubbling. Pour it into a mug then bring it to me."

Nodding, he began to walk out of the room until I stopped him.

"I don't want you to get sick, so I'm going to stay in my bedroom until I get better."

"Okay, let me carry you to your room." He came close to me but I pushed him away.

Forcing myself, I got on my feet and dragged myself to my room.