40. Familiar Rogues (Akira's POV)

AN: Hey guys, sorry I hadn't updated the chapter that I said I will. For that I'm sorry, but i made a longer chapter, and hope you all enjoy.

          As we start getting closer, I hear growls getting louder by the second, and realizing that we are getting closer to the Mystic Pack's boundaries. Worried if its those Black-Eye Beings, I push myself faster, thinking the worse case scenario, especially we don't have the warriors from the palace yet. *Chirp, chirp* Both Protector and Guardian splits up, going the opposite sides, which basically like a net technique; I'm coming from behind, Protector coming from the east, and Guardian coming from the west, but they will wait for my signal to intervene.

          Once I reach the boundary, I see five patrol wolves growling at what appears a rogue pack. Quietly coming closer to the front, the wolves reluctantly makes way for me, and seeing their hackles raise more, tensing their muscles, I know that they don't trust me. Biting my lips, I now stand in the front of the group, surveying the intruders, but for some reason I feel familiarity with them as if I know them. One of the wolves in front of the group stares directly at me with surprise, I scan his body; fur is black and gray, amber eyes, and he is the biggest wolf out of all of them. My observation gets cut short as the wolf goes behind the trees, *Cracking* hearing sounds of a shift, I wait patiently until I see Zack Fang coming from behind the tree.

          "Stand down now!" I order the patrol wolves, but they refuse to listen and few of them start snapping their jaws in annoyance. Clenching my hands into fists, I go to the front of the wolves and grabbing painfully on one of the wolf's snout, "I said stand down, and if you all refuse to listen, there will be consequences." The wolf I have in my grip, whines, and submits to me, while the others saw what I did and stops growling and tucking their tails in.

            "Hey, Maxy can you come join me to the northern part of the pack and bring Alpha Nox with you as well. I need you to meet someone." I mind link Max, so we can get this sorted out. I was so focusing on seeing Zack that I didn't notice two more people coming up besides him. Its Erik and Nikita, standing next to Zack as they smirk at me since they see the look of surprise on my face.

            "On my way Mi Amor." Max mind links back to me.

           "Hey Akira, shock to see us after disappearing for months? Plus, we have something important to discuss with you and Cedric." Erik said as he glance at Zack.

          "Nice to see you too, and we can talk once we are in the office." I said, crossing my arms, waiting for Max. Few of the patrol wolves start getting antsy as they claw on the ground or snapping their jaws. "That is enough! You and you," pointing to two closest wolves, "are staying here and the rest of you, continue patrolling the border." I snap at them from their annoying attitudes.

          One of the wolves starts growling in protest and walk behind a tree, *Cracking*, sounds of someone shifting, and I have a hunch that this will be very loud and very verbal. I decide to lean against the tree on the boundary, waiting for whoever shift back to their human form to come out and talk. A middle-aged man step out from behind the tree, he has black hair with brown eyes, appears to be close to 6 feet tall; starts walking towards me with a scowl on his face. "How dare you, WITCH! You have no right to order us around, your so called claim "His Majesty's mate. I don't think you are his true mate and cast a spell on him to gain power and control of the werewolf's race!" The man spat at me with full of venom.

            Why am I not surprise that this is what most of the people here think that way after I used my powers to save their sorry ass. Still though, it irks me that he can question his King's bond to his mate and questioning about if I put a spell on him. Thinking about this just makes me roll my eyes at this stupidity and explain to him, "First of all mister, I am not a witch, I don't cast spells. Second, how dare you question my mate YOUR KING on who his mate is, who was chosen by your Moon Goddess. Thirdly, I have no desire for power and control, it's not my fault that Maxy is destined to be with me forever."