There was already music playing and some of the students had formed an impromptu dance floor in front of the platform placed near the rear.

"Sunny," Maya called, jarring Sunday from her thoughts.

"Yeah?" Maya and Danielle had moved to the staircase by the main section.

"Let's go." Maya finished with a friendly smile.

The three girls found a table on the second floor that directly overlooked where the crowd was standing around the two dj setups side by side.

"I didn't know there was gonna be this many people here," Sunday replied as she removed her leather jacket to reveal a red and gold printed scarf that was doubling as a shirt.

"Where you from?" Danielle asked.

"Louisville. Y'all?" Sunday looked to Maya and then Danielle.

"Seattle." Maya replied.

"Miami." Danielle chimed in.

"You guys came far for school." Sunday noted.

"I needed something different." Maya shrugged as she patted down the flyaways from her bun.

The scratching of a record interrupted the music and caught the vicinity's attention, causing the student center to quiet down.

"Welcome to the annual back to school dj-off!" An Asian girl stood in between the dj setups with a microphone in her hand.

"Yo. Yo, uh, Sunday." A boy's voice called out from another table a few feet away.

When Sunday turned to take a glimpse of who had called her name, she saw the three boys who she had helped with the car.

"Sunday. Ma." The boy with a clock tattooed on his forearm gestured for her to come over.

"You know them?" Danielle raised an eyebrow as she glanced over to the trio and then back at Sunday.

"BJ, the light skin one with the braids, is in my film class," Sunday rose from her seat.

"Okay," Danielle dragged out the word and gave her an encouraging smile, "He's cute."

Sunday shook her head, "I just got dumped. I am not thinking about that."

"But isn't that the best way to get over someone? By getting under someone else?" At Maya's words, her and Danielle started to giggle while Sunday simply shook her head again at their input.

"I'll be back." Sunday said before taking strides to reach the other table.

When Sunday stopped in front of their table, the tall dark skinned boy hurriedly got up to pull out a chair for her.

"Uh," Sunday said then touched her index finger to her glasses as she sat down and the boy pushed in the chair for her, "What is going on right now?" Sunday trailed off.

"I need your help." The boy who had pushed her chair in for her said as he sat himself down on the left side of Sunday.