SIXTY SIX

66|OVER THE LINE

Celeste sat in the car, hiding her injured hand as she bopped her head along to the radio, groaning when he turned it off. He parked the car in the middle of the road near the edge of town.

"This would have been lost if it wasn't for you, Cel." He sighed gratefully, lifting up the cloak. "I would have been lost. After everything you've learned about me, after everything I've done, why haven't you given up on me?"

"Because I love you." She shrugged as if the answer was obvious. "And I know love is such a loose term but it's a good word to sum up all my emotions. I learned a long time ago, that when you find something that's worth fighting for, you never give up."

"Celeste." He cupped her cheek, his voice almost a whisper as he stared deeply into her eyes. "I love you."

"Good." She scrunched up her nose teasingly. "Now, no more ex wife mentioning because I am your wife now, forever and always."

He dropped his lips on to hers, capturing them for a bitter sweet kiss. Tears gathered in her eyes as she knew this would be the last kiss for a while.

They slowly approached the town line, silent with worry. Celeste held the cloak for him to drop the potion on to it. She draped it over his shoulders, biting her lip with worry.

"Okay." Her bottom lip quivered as she pouted with sadness.

"Here we go." Rumpel kissed her once more before stepping over the line, turning around as his wife stared at him with concern. "Celeste."

"Oh, thank hell." She chuckled with tears down her cheeks. "It worked."

"Yes, it did." He grinned back at her and held her hand, careful not to pull her over the line.

"Now you can find your son." Celeste smiled widely at him.

"Cel. I so wish you were coming with me." He sighed, eyes trailing over her face to remember every detail.

"As do I, but at least you have an important reason to come home." She looked up at him with teary eyes. "So we can try that whole cane thing."

"You always know how to lighten the mood." Rumpel chuckled at her kinky thoughts.

"I know." She said proudly. "But just remember, I'll be here waiting for you."

A gun shot rang out through the night air, Celeste's limp body falling against his across the line.

"I wouldn't count on it." Hook said darkly as he stood behind them with a handgun in his hand.

"Celeste!" Rumpel called out, laying her on the road to look over the wound.

"Who's Celeste?" She cried in pain, sacred and confused over what was happening. "Who are you?"

A car came speeding at them from outside Storybrooke, Rumpel pulling her away safely as Hook got hit.

"It fucking hurts like a bitch." She screamed, sirens wailing in the background.

"Here, let me help." He waved his hand over the wound, it healing magically.

"How did you do that?" She stared at him with fear, confused on what was happening. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, the situation getting to her.

~•~

Bella woke up in a hospital bed, Dr. Whale greeting her with a strange smile as he stood over her bed.

"You know, you're supposed to be looking over patients, not becoming one." Dr. Whale teased her, being informed when she was taken in about the memory loss.

"What happened? I don't remember much." Bella groaned as she sat up, a throbbing pain in the palm of her hand. "Great, I'm adding to the already scar."

"You're going to be scaring away all the babies." He chuckled, removing the bandage to look at the wound.

"How did I do it this time?"

"Jumping a fence so I've updated your tetanus shot." He cleaned up the wound and wrapped it back up, glancing up at Mr. Gold stood watching through the glass wall. "Should I send him in?"

"Why would you send him in?"

"You're dating him. How far back are your memories missing?" Dr. Whale asked with concern, flashing a light in her eyes.

"I'm dating the town monster?" Bella breathed out heavily. "My daddy issues are strong."

"I'll send him in."

"Cel-Bella." Mr. Gold greeted the girl with sad eyes. "How are you?"

"Clumsy." She chuckled, raising her bandaged up hand. "I was told we are dating. I'm so sorry but I don't remember anything but being a doctor and living with Mary Margaret."

"You're missing many memories." He sighed and sat on the chair beside her bed. "Does this mean anything to you?"

"A ring?" She squinted at the small band, taking it out his finger and examining the piece of jewelry. "I'm sorry, I don't recognise it."

"It's only a matter of time, dearie."