FORTY SEVEN

47|TOXIC LIES

"People! Everybody!" Charming yelled above the loud crowd. He had tried to move away but they had followed him while Celeste stayed back. "Everybody meet back here in two hours. I'll tell you my plan to fix everything."

"What's the plan?" Red asked as she, Celeste and Henry followed after the nervous prince.

"I don't know. But I've got two hours to figure it out." He sighed and kept walking with Henry running behind.

"I'm going to find my husband, see if he'll talk to me." Celeste smiled worriedly at her friend and began her trek to the Pawn Shop, knowing that's where she will find him.

"Cel?" Rumpelstiltskin smirked when he saw his wife rush into his store, hair crazy from the wind. "How can I help you?"

"Emma and Snow went through a portal back to the other land and everyone thinks they are dead and I'm scared." She finally breathed, leaning her forehead against his chest as he rubbed her back. "I'm so scared."

"Don't worry, love." He kissed her head and helped her into the back of the store, sitting her down. "I'll always protect you."

"Tea?" He chuckled and nodded, turning around to make her a cup of tea as she curled up and found her book she was half way through. "Here, dearie."

Rumpel sat down beside her and pulled her in close, wrapping an arm around her to hold her close. Celeste cuddled into him and read her book aloud, sipping on her tea. He kissed her head, then her neck, moving down the soft skin and chuckling when her voice squeak as she spoke.

"Rumpel." Celeste jumped when she felt his hands slip under her shirt, stroking his cold fingers over her hot skin. She placed her empty cup down and twisted to sit on his lap, letting his hand roam her body.

His lips touched hers, gently at first but as her hips rocked forwards he deepened the kiss. Her hands were in his hair as his arms wrapped around her waist. They broke apart quickly at the sound of the door bells ringing and loud rummaging around the store.

"Stay." Rumpelstiltskin carefully moved her off his lap and fixed his suit before walking into the main section of the store, greeting the customer. "The library's beneath the clock tower. You closed it, remember? When you still had power."

"I need the book." Celeste heard Regina reply. "I need to get my son back."

"Which book? Oh." He chuckled, the noise sending a shiver down her spine. "So it's come down to that, eh? You need your mummy's help?"

"Give me the book." Regina growled at him.

"Do you really need the smell of the written word to get the magic flowing again, love?" Rumpel mocked the woman. "Maybe if you relaxed, it would just happen."

"I don't have time." She snapped with annoyance at the man's lack of compliance. "It worked once. I know I can do it. I just need a shortcut back."

"Yeah, well, I don't have time, either." He lowered his voice dangerously. Celeste watched as he leaned forwards, looking like he was about to kill the woman before him. "Leave. Please."

"Well, how about that?" Regina smirked at him. "Your pleases have lost their punch."

"Well, the fact remains, jump-starting your magic is not in my best interests." Rumpelstiltskin brushed her off.

"You know what else isn't in your best interest?" She warned the man. "Having everyone know the enchanted forest still exists. Knowing that you and I are keeping that little secret. You're up to something. And it doesn't involve going back home."

Celeste jumped when she heard a slight thud of something closing with force. She bit her lip as tears gathered in her eyes, they were alive and he hadn't informed her. He knew and he decided to keep that from her.

"Careful, dearie, these are straight up spells." He used magic to make the book in question appear in his hand. "Rough on the system."

"I don't care if they turn me green. I'm getting my son back." With that said, Regina snatched the book out of his hand and began to storm towards the door.

"Oh, my."

"What?"

"It's just, holding that, I told you once you didn't look like her. But, now, now I can see it." Celeste heard the bells on the door ring and the lock echoing around the store. "Cel?"

"They are alive?" She cried, glaring at him as he limped into the back room. "When were you going to tell me that they were alive?"

"Soon but I wanted to enjoy some time with you, like the good old days." Rumpel tried to explain to her. He sat down beside her and opened his arms, letting her crawl on to his lap. "I promise I was going to tell you."

"You keep lying to me." Celeste sighed before kissing him passionately, her hands getting lost in his hair. "We are so toxic for each other."

"Good." He lifted her skirt up to her hips, leaving small bruises on her hips as her head flew back. Sweet moans escaped her lips as she gripped his shirt, accidentally breaking a couple buttons as she came undone.