'You are my saviour... '

Jisung was forced to perform a kissing show in front of Minho just now, and his face was still burning hot. Furiously angry, he kicked a stone by his feet.

'What should I do now? Everything I could do, I've done already. I don't have a single idea left.'

A strong sense of powerlessness made him feel extremely lost. He felt like he was almost at a dead end.

Of course, he was in no mood to go attend the banquet over there. Just hearing those people try to flatter him was upsetting. Jisung then walked back along the small path silently.

Now, he really regretted that he'd used boredom as an excuse. This was originally just a problem between him and Hyunjin. Now, everyone and his dog knew. It probably wouldn't even take a night before the entire imperial aristocracy knew how much Hyunjin doted on him. This was pretty much a public execution for him.

Jisung was in low spirits so he didn't really pay attention to where he was going. At this moment, a black shadow suddenly appeared in front of him. Jisung jumped in fright and was about to ask who it was, when his mouth was suddenly covered by someone's hand. He was then pressed onto the tree trunk behind him.

After that, someone's deep and refined face approached him. The man whispered in his ear, "It's me."

Jisung's pupils constricted. He saw who had suddenly appeared in front of him and his brain just about crashed.

'Chan! How could he have shown up here?!'

Jisung looked at Chan in shock. His scalp tingled with fear. How could Chan have appeared in the palace? There was no way Hyunjin would invite him.

What did he want to do?

Chan looked at the horror in the youth's eyes. His heart was chilled with icy pain, but he put on a gentle expression. He whispered to Jisung, "I just wanted to say a few words to you. Don't make a fuss, and I'll let go, all right?"

Jisung heard those warm and gentle words, and immediately calmed down. Since Chan was willing to put on a play with him, he wouldn't hurt him. All he had to do was listen to what the guy wanted to say. And so, Jisung blinked his eyes and showed that he was willing to listen.

Chan released his hold, as his gaze fell over those lips that had been kissed red by Hyunjin. Holding in his jealousy, he looked at Jisung with a hurt expression, saying hoarsely, "Do you still blame me?"

Jisung gave him a distant stare, appearing extremely distrustful.

Chan said, "I miss you so much."

Jisung lowered his voice and said coldly, "Did you know I almost died on Divine Star?"

Pain flitted through Chan's eyes. After a long pause, he smiled bitterly, "I knew His Majesty would tell you that, but none of it is true. I would never sell you out.

How could he possibly believe Chan? He looked at Chan with a disappointed expression, and shook his head, saying, "His Majesty was afraid that I'd be saddened and didn't say anything. Eric was the one who told me. He said that the one who gave him news about me was you, Uncle Chan,"

Chan saw the disappointment in the youth's pained eyes, and felt even angrier with Eric in his heart. He had gone back to think about this matter for a long time, but still couldn't come up with the purpose behind Eric's actions. Why would Eric set him up in front of Jisung?

What did this man want this time?

Although he couldn't grasp Eric's motives or goals now, that didn't prevent him from speaking with Jisung today. Chan said slowly in a deep voice, "What Eric told you may not be the truth. How are you so sure that he was the real Eric?"