Just a Little Earlier

Jisung gawked at the sight in front of him. That godly black machine had smashed Felix's white machine back with one punch.

Wasn't Hyunjin acting normal before? 'Noo, don't! You're the male lead. You have to hold on! You're my only hope of going home!'

Jisung almost cried.

Right when he was dazed out, a cold and majestic voice rang out through the duel grounds, "The victor has been decided. The duel is over."

Although Felix was not directly named, everyone could see it was only a matter of time before he defeated Jisung. There was no doubt that this match was Felix's victory.

But the grounds were still shrouded in silence. His Majesty had personally piloted his machine to interfere in the duel. This kind of thing was a first in the history of the whole kingdom.

As an emperor, he broke the rules and intervened in a fair duel.

People on the net were silent for a while and then began to express their dissatisfaction.

"I thought His Majesty was the closest to us ordinary civilians and the fairest. I heard that he also punished Jisung for Felix before. Looking at it now, I think it was just a hoax, because look at who he protected at the critical moment."

"In the end, His Majesty still defended the interests of those nobles. He was just putting on a show for us to eat up before."

"Does he take us for fools?"

"Even if you recognise Felix's victory, he would've won anyway."

"You guys shouldn't have had any hopes for those imperial nobles."

"I feel so bad for our Great Felix. Since you're so terrible to him, we'll take him away."

Jisung didn't know that in just a few minutes, the netizens had completely changed directions several times.

Jisung was muddle-headed as he emerged from his machine and looked gloomily at the gigantic black machine in front of him.

'How could you do something like this?!'

'Were you reborn, or were you led astray by Minho?!'

When Jisung was reaching the peak of despair, he saw the hatch in the middle of the black machine open. A tall figure jumped out lightly, then leapt down from his machine dozens of meters high, steadily landing on the ground.

Hyunjin raised his head and revealed a peerlessly handsome face. Instead of glancing at Jisung who was behind him, he went straight to Felix's machine, grabbed the edge of the hatch door, and lifted it. He directly tore open the damaged cabin hatch and pulled Felix out from inside.

Felix's lips were pale, and he seemed to be injured. He looked up at Hyunjin, and his eyes flashed. In a low and husky voice, he said, "Your Majesty."

Hyunjin slowly said, "Are you all right?"

Felix nodded. "It's nothing serious."

When Hyunjin intervened just now, he had controlled his strength. He saw right away that Felix was probably like that because he was injured. It seemed that Chan had arranged for some of his people to secretly interfere with this match but now wasn't the time to talk about that. He paused for a moment, looked at Felix apologetically, and said in a gentle voice, "It was an urgent situation just now, and I have wronged you. Although this was a duel, since the outcome has already been decided, I believe ending the matter peacefully would be best. What do you think?"

Felix showed an understanding smile and said with a sigh, "You're right. I was a little impulsive just now, and almost couldn't stop myself."

Hyunjin smiled faintly, "It's fine."