Mine

After the banquet, Jisung returned to his chambers, collapsed on his bed, and didn't want to move an inch.

Looking back on Chan's unusual behaviour tonight, he still felt a little uneasy. What exactly caused Chan to respond so differently from before?

Jisung suddenly sat up, and turned pale, 'He couldn't have been reborn, right?'

[Reborn? ]

'This is a common theme found in books. Usually, a main lead or villain finds himself reborn after his failures and death in a previous life. He wants to change his fate! That's why nine times out of ten, he'll do things he never did in his previous life. Don't you also think Chan was acting abnormally?!'

There was still one little thing Jisung hadn't mentioned. In addition to changing their previous fate, these reborn characters would often dote on those who treated them well last life, but they failed to cherish back in return. But thinking about it, his relationship with Chan's last life shouldn't fall into this category at all. At most, they were just a manipulative villain and spiteful side characters. The only thing they had in common was conspiring together to deal with Felix.

Chan falling in love with him after rebirth would be ridiculous. Even thinking about it was scary!

[As far as I know, this book does not contain the element of rebirth. According to your statement, a reborn character would try to change his fate by changing his actions, so do you think Chan's behaviour today was done to change his fate? Were you so critical to his successes and failures last life? ]

'Thank you. If you hadn't reminded me, I'd almost forgotten that I wasn't that important.'

At best, he was a side character and not someone worth Chan's attention. Even the whole Han family wasn't that important in the game played between Chan and Hyunjin.

Although in the last life, Hyunjin and Minho had gone off to kill Chan together, Jisung did kind of help Chan.

At that time, he looked into Chan's cold eyes and saw he was at death's door himself at that moment. If he didn't make the right choice, death would come in a matter of seconds. Chan was going to kill him.

Life and death were just one move away.

No doubt Chan was laughing at him then for refusing to face reality and helping a person who betrayed him and didn't care about him. He must've been thinking that this boy was a big fool.

Anyways, Chan made a comeback soon after his escape, continued to fight with Hyunjin and kidnapped Felix to threaten Hyunjin. Seeing that Felix was in danger, Jisung couldn't sit still anymore. Although he'd always made things difficult for Felix, throwing all kinds of abuse at him, he absolutely couldn't let him die, or else his mission would be a complete failure.

That's why, despite the danger, Jisung went to see the imprisoned Felix under the impression of seeking revenge. He deliberately allowed Felix to attack himself and escape disguised.

Felix was quite smart. He hadn't only disguised himself as Jisung but also disguised Jisung as himself to stay in the cell, creating the illusion that he hadn't escaped and prolonging his escape.

After Felix got away, Hyunjin finally came. Chan didn't recognize Jisung disguised as Felix and took him hostage to threaten Hyunjin.

By that point, the plot was drawing to a close. At the critical moment, Jisung rushed out and stood in front of Hyunjin, buying him some time. Then he happily revealed his true identity. At that time, he thought he could go home.

In short, although Chan lost against the main character's plot armour, Jisung's final act obviously made him feel cheated.

Although he had such a vengeful personality, even if Chan was reborn, he wouldn't come over specifically to crush him again, nor would he go through so much trouble to get him and his family on his side. After all, Jisung was a hardcore worshipper of Hyunjin, and there was no way he'd betray Hyunjin. There wasn't much value in trying to win him over.