'You can't repeat your mistakes.'

Start from the beginning

Hyunjin didn't put on airs with Jihyo. He stood up and nodded with a smile: "Jihyo, so nice to meet you here."

Jihyo saw that Hyunjin treated her very respectfully and felt quite good. She smiled and said, "My thoughts exactly."

Only Jisung's mood was terribly bitter.

He felt like he'd fallen for the trap and didn't dare to look up at Hyunjin. He pretended to be an obedient child and kept his head down.

Nayeon saw Jisung looking extremely docile, like he was clearly avoiding Hyunjin's line of sight, and felt that the boy was so cute and interesting. Normally, when this child came over, he wasn't shy and bashful at all. So, he liked Hyunjin, after all. That was why his attitude changed just at the sight of him.

In fact, Hyunjin had been the one who'd entrusted her with the task of inviting Jihyo and Jisung over yesterday. He specifically told her not to tell Jihyo that he'd be there, because he wanted to surprise Jisung.

Nayeon was quite surprised at first, because she understood her son very well. He'd always been lukewarm towards Jisung, looking like he didn't care much for him. Why was he suddenly so keen on the boy now? Could it be that he'd developed feelings for Jisung during the war this time, and finally realized how good he was?

If that was the case, then it really was a good thing. She was delighted by her son's sudden enlightenment because she really liked Jisung, and hoped that Hyunjin would like him too. If this cute little rascal could come to the palace and keep her company more often in the future, that'd be wonderful.

Compared to Hyunjin, a serious and calm son without a single ounce of cuteness, Jisung was clever and sweet, many times more lovable.

Nayeon stood beside Hyunjin without hesitation, blooming with joy as she prepared to lure Jisung to their side.

She gave a loving smile and waved to Jisung, saying, "Sung, why aren't you coming over?"

Jisung was so bitter that he couldn't respond, but how could he refuse Nayeon's enthusiasm? He could only drag his feet over slowly. Still, he didn't dare to look at Hyunjin, and cried, "Auntie Nayeon."

Nayeon took Jisung's hand and looked at his slightly flushed ears. This little rascal was being bashful. Gosh, so there were still such shy and reserved children amongst the imperial noble now? He was just like a precious treasure deposit. He normally looked extremely passionate and bold on the surface, but digging deeper, he was so small and timid.

She said lovingly, "I heard you met with some danger when you went out. I was so terribly worried. It was all Hyunjin's fault. He didn't protect you well enough. I've already punished him severely."

"No, I don't mind anymore..."

Nayeon thought to herself, 'this little guy is truly considerate and kind. Gosh, he's so understanding. How could anyone say he's just another rich kid?' She really wanted to tear up those people's mouths. They must've been jealous of how cute the little angel was.

She said with concern, "Don't go out so casually again in the future. Auntie was so worried her heart almost broke."

Jisung nodded

Nayeon clung onto him for half the day and kept asking how he was doing from head to toe. Her exaggerated expressions and undisguised doting gave him a headache. He was cursing non-stop inside.

'As the empress dowager, shouldn't you be a little more reserved? The fact that you want to matchmake me and Hyunjin is written plain as day all over your face! Aren't empress dowager's usually in charge of insults?'

'Why isn't there a wicked stepmother coming to break up a loving couple? Why do you look happier than me that he likes me?!'

'I'm such a piece of trash! How could I be worthy of pairing with your heroic and majestic son?! '

Jisung was in extreme despair.

Nayeon would not let go of the little cutie. He was such a lovely and adorable child. Her own son had not been cute like this since he turned seven. He was smelly and stiff, never letting her get close. She was a little reluctant to give Jisung away but saw the warning flash across her son's eyes. In the end, she reluctantly let go of her hand, gave Jisung's head a pat, and said, "I'll talk to Jihyo for a while. Hyunjin, why don't you take Sung around first."

Hyunjin heard this and stood up. With a faint smile, he said, "All right, Mother."

Hyunjin respectfully took leave from Jihyo, then grabbed Jisung's hand and led him out without any room for rejection.

Now, he'd finally understood the situation clearly. Hyunjin and Nayeon had been colluding with each other the whole time. They'd already calculated how best to lure him out. Careless, he'd been too careless.

One false step brought endless regret.

Hyunjin held Jisung's hand and looked down at him through lidded eyes. His heart was full of tender affection. He'd been thinking of the boy all day and night lately. Unfortunately, the little rascal had been avoiding him the whole time. He was too shy. How could things go on like this?

He waited patiently and let the boy stay at home for several days before finally deciding to have his mother coax him into the palace.

Jisung was suffering inexplicable hardships. Muddle-headed, he was led forward by Hyunjin. When he saw Hyunjin's palace in front, he suddenly stopped. He didn't really want to go in there, since the hunter beast was too terrifying. The thing roared at him every time. If it wasn't for continuing his act before, he'd never ever want to go near it.

However, Hyunjin's strength didn't let him say no at all, and the man pulled him in directly.

Jisung was so scared, he closed his eyes. However, when he opened them again, he couldn't help but stare blankly ahead. The terrifying monster was nowhere to be seen in the empty courtyard.

In the face of Jisung's confused expression, Hyunjin explained warmly: "It took up too much space, so I had it sent away."

'Not to criticise you, bro, but what you're saying is too illogical. The original book mentioned that it was your favourite pet and you'd raised it for ten years. You're only realising now that it takes up too much space?'

Hyunjin's expression was calm and indifferent, as if he was talking about an insignificant little thing. He held onto Jisung's hand and walked forward, saying, "That's right, you didn't get a good look around when you came before. I'll show you around."

He said this and began showing Jisung around his palace.

With Jisung in-tow, he went around everywhere, to his bed chambers, his study, his collection rooms and his armoury. Jisung had never been to these buildings before. At most, he'd just stood in the courtyard and spoke a few words to Hyunjin before leaving.

On the one hand, he was in no mood to look at these things, but on the other hand, Hyunjin was a very territorial man. He wasn't the type to let others enter his space casually. 

This time, however, he hadn't hesitated to show him his entire living space. From time to time, he'd even explain the functions and uses of each room patiently.

Jisung was at a bit of a loss, and looked at Hyunjin puzzled, unsure of why he was doing this.

Had this guy tricked him into the palace just to show him around his own place?

Finally, Hyunjin circled around and took Jisung back to a room beside his own bedroom. He pushed open the door and smiled, saying, "This is a room I had especially prepared for you. I want to invite you to stay at the palace for a few days."