'You can't repeat your mistakes.'

Start from the beginning

After that, he didn't get any more messages from Hyunjin. This made Jisung feel like everything was going swimmingly.

Although Hyunjin appeared to like him very much before, it probably wasn't anything special. His 'like' was probably just to make up for a guilty conscience. A self-respecting emperor absolutely wouldn't chase a rich kid like him, right?

If he refused a few more times, Hyunjin's feelings would probably dampen, and he wouldn't wait anymore.

 The more Jisung thought about it, the more he thought he was right. He had to draw the line decisively and give Hyunjin the cold palace treatment. After all, whether it was for the success of the mission, or for his own psychological limits, there was no way he could be in that kind of relationship with Hyunjin.

--------

On this certain day, Jisung was happily basking in the sun in his yard, eating the exquisite desserts prepared by his servant. Suddenly, his mother, Jihyo, came over and pinched Jisung's face, saying, "Baby, go get changed. Come with Mom to the palace."

Jisung was instantly startled up and asked, "Why are you going to the palace?"

Jihyo smiled and said, "Your Auntie Nayeon misses you. She wanted me to take you to the palace."

Oh, so it was Auntie Nayeon. As long as it wasn't Hyunjin, it was fine. However, Jisung was extremely sensitive at this time, and his nerves were stretched thin. He deeply refused to take part in any event where there was a possibility of meeting Hyunjin. He didn't want to risk going to the palace where he could run into Hyunjin, so he said, "But I don't want to go out today..."

Jihyo flicked her son's forehead and said, "You'll grow mold if you stay at home any more."

In fact, she had been watching her son keep himself shut up at home this whole time. He didn't even take part in any of the activities he used to love before. That's why she was worried and wanted to take Jisung out for a bit. As it so happened, Nayeon had invited her over yesterday, so she simply decided to bring her son along with her. Going to the palace was something he used to love.

Staying home like this wasn't good for a child's physical or mental health. He must've been frightened when he went to the outside world last time, and the trauma left a psychological shadow.

Jisung really didn't want to go to the palace, and said stubbornly, "I don't want to go..."

Jihyo clapped her hands, and two servants immediately came over with a set of clothes. She raised her eyebrow and said, "Help the young master change clothes."

Ten minutes later, Jisung, who had been forcefully dressed, was dragged onto the car by his anxious mother with a bleak look on his face.

All along the way, he kept praying, 'please don't let me meet Hyunjin, please don't let me meet Hyunjin, please don't let me meet Hyunjin...'

It had to be said that he'd often come to the palace in the past to see Nayeon, but he'd never run into Hyunjin at her place, so he definitely wouldn't meet him there this time either.

Holding onto this beautiful hope, Jisung got out of the car. Right when he entered, he saw Hyunjin sitting next to Nayeon, showing him a gentle and refined smile.

'What was I thinking when I came here? I really shouldn't have taken any chances!'

Jihyo also caught sight of Hyunjin immediately and gave a look of surprise. Although Hyunjin was Nayeon's son, he was the dignified king of a nation. Normally, he wouldn't appear at a place like this. Although Hyunjin was her junior, Jihyo didn't dare treat him as one. She smiled politely, "So Your Majesty is also here."