My Wife, My Firecracker

Start from the beginning

I want to kiss her but refrain. Pulling away I nod at Walt to continue but Harp grabs my collar and pulls me down pressing her lips against mine. It's quick and sweet as she jolts away.

Walt clears his throat and Harp flushes. "Sorry I couldn't help it. Blame it on reflexes." Everyone laughs and Harp asks, "Can I say something now?"

I smirk. "No. Take that as punishment for not letting me tell you all those things when I proposed."

She fights a smile and huffs, "Your loss chicken butt."

We exchange vows and Walt starts finishing up the ceremony. When we get to the point with him about to announce us man and wife, Harp is literally bouncing on her toes with impatience to seal the deal.

"Walt you better hurry because I'm at my limit and need to kiss my wife... again." I say with a wink to Harp.

He chuckles closing his Bible. "You may now kiss your bride."

In a second I swoop her into me bringing her deliciously curvy body against my hard one. My lips burn in hunger and I immediately cover her lips with mine groaning from the contact. The applause and clapping fade away as she slides her arms around my neck and I lift her up.

Her skin flushes such a beautiful color and she puts her hand over her mouth as we turned to everyone. I pull her down the isle with a fist pump as all our friends and family surround us. I feel like a man who just won the lottery, especially with how my wife's laughter fills my chest with inexplicable joy.

***

The sight before me pleases me to no end. Luke has the mayor's son cuffed and being led into the police station where I had to stop in for a moment to grab something. And boy am I glad I did. I lean against the counter with my arms crossed over my chest watching the display with pure joy.

"What's this?" I ask Luke as he hands him off to another officer for booking.

Once he's out of earshot Luke smiles. "I got you a one-week wedding anniversary present. You like?"

Laughing I say, "Best wedding gift yet. Wait till Harp hears about this. Did she see you?"

"No, don't think so. She was too busy headbanging to ACDC." Luke gets serious. "He was driving under the influence and swerving everywhere. He could've hurt, or worse, killed someone, especially with how fast he was going."

I shake my head and glare at the guy as he get's his picture taken. "Can I watch you put him in the cell?"

"Hey!" The guy hiccup shouts. "What did I ever do to you?" He slurs out overhearing us. "Is this some kind of set up? My dad's--"

"We know." I growl out. "That doesn't mean you can drive drunk." I lean into Luke whispering, "If I wasn't a cop man."

He chuckles knowing exactly what I was insinuating.

"What's your problem with me anyways."

Luke steps over to him once the fingerprinting is done and points him over to get his picture taken. "You don't want him answering that. Come on, time for your photoshoot." Luke turns to me. "You better hurry your wife is out there waiting impatiently for her honeymoon trip."

My lips twitch not being able to contain the savage possessiveness in hearing my wife. "She's gotten better with her patience since we've got together."

A car horn blasts through the air right at that moment. It's long and supremely loud. Luke cocks a brow. I shrug my shoulders. "I said she's gotten better not cured."