Dating

"I wish to take a leave for a while! I will not take 'no' as a proper response to this reasonable request."

Steve barely looks up from his sketchpad, perfectly content on the balcony by the fire pit. He taps his pencil and nods slowly, "...okay."

Thor nods, hammer over the side of the pit, "Okay."

Steve waits for an explanation, seeing Thor's face drop, "...What's up."

The demigod pivots, tugging his denim jacket, "It is much more difficult to request time off in movies and...television shows."

Steve smirks, his foot lifted on the chair, "Where are you off to?"

Thor smiles, "New Mexico. I wish to fly off and see my girlfriend, Jane."

"Enjoy."

"I shall. Thank you, kind captain."

"Yep,' he returns to his shading, rotating the pencil at an angle to account for a darker background, 'I guess you want me to tell Fury?"

Thor acknowledges, "Oh yes! No! I shall 'phone him' as you say with my request. Perhaps it will be more fun."

Rogers watches carefully as the hammer swings with a twist back into Thor's hand. He shakes his head;

"Good luck."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"So my dear Watson! What did Red say about shopping with Pepper for project GATHERING?"

Bruce answers from behind his computer, carefully watching his own project levels;

"She'll do it but it's not her thing."

"Yeah?,' Tony bites are his screwdriver, restlessly circling the room, 'When."

"I don't know, I didn't ask about a date."

"Saturday, Sunday...?"

He shrugs, looking over the frame of his glasses momentarily, "I can ask."

"Tomorrow?"

Bruce huffs, "There's no way. Ivan's being um-."

"A pain in the ass?"

"Needy," he corrects.

Tony leaps onto the table, interrupting Banner's workflow, "So I was thinking- would you want a bigger room? That entire section in front of the dance studio is all open. We could refurbish it and give you an upgraded apartment."

He lowers his head with a smirk, wringing at his fingers, "I'm not getting evicted once you and Pepper tie the knot?"

Tony laughs, "No bro. What gave you that idea? I have a house in Malibu, a penthouse a few miles away- if you're pissing us off we'll just get away for a weekend."

Bruce returns his laugh, soft genuine smile over his features, "Thanks. Seriously. You've done a lot for me- I don't know how to repay appropriately."

Tony pokes his friend, "Get me that ring info and help me plan a proposal."

"On it,' he smirks and switches his screen, 'Outdoors?"

"Eh...yeah. Some sort of epic garden at night- Pep likes that. Fountains or some shit,' he pauses, 'What if she says 'no'?"

"And why would she-."

"I don't know bro. I'm just saying."

Bruce lifts an eyebrow, eyeing his friend, "Hey Tony?"