"Plan on rendering yourself deaf?!" He yells over the blasting sound, just before disabling the speakers.

"Hey!" I yell in protest, but apparently, he's the one who is already rendered deaf, since I don't receive a response.

"You have a very schizophrenic taste in music," he remarks in a low whisper only meant to reach his ears, but little did the sound wave know that before it traveled to my ears.

"And you might want to consider giving those bruises time to heal," he suggests as air calms down into stagnant silence.

Ignoring him and his words of advice, I get back on my hands and feet and resume from where I left off.

Mentally counting out my last push-up, I'm pulled to my feet by an external source before I can do it myself.

Putting Liam's face to the hand that pulled me up, I look at him with nothing but impassiveness. Lock in a stare down with none of us up to call quits, I pull my arm out of his grip.

"Come on, lunch is served," he informs after a long moment.

Nodding in acknowledgment I back away without breaking eye contact, turning on my heels I make my exit.

Leaving the gym, I leave along with it my moments of tranquillity and dive headfirst back into the unfathomed side of my thoughts and reality.

I try not to let the worry my mind is overshadowed by, show in my stance or features, but there is only so much that I can control.

Making a quick stop at my room, I shower and change before heading to the dining room. Pulling out my chair at the table, I take a seat and soon the rest join in.

Time flies by in a perfect alternation between eating and small talk that I'm made part of occasionally.

In less than a heartbeat, Jack is quick to point out the injury endured by my hand but is soon dismissed by Liam.

Focusing on finishing my food, I avoid adding or responding to anything that isn't important while also not displaying any alarming behavior.

"Astoria, hold up one second," Noah calls stopping in my track as I proceed to leave the table, now done with my meal.

"Yeah?" I acknowledge shifting to face him.

"Meet me in the study, I need to discuss something with you," he instructs and goes back to eating.

With uncertainty bubbling within me, I head towards the study. Entering the room, my eyes widen in realization and I delve into my pocket for my phone.

Sighing a breath of relief when I tap my phone back to its normal setting and see no missed text.

Blocked User: If you even think about spilling, you know the consequences.

'How does this person know where and with who I am at all times?'

This sends me into a fit of paranoia, and all my senses become very aware of my surroundings.

Jumping in my spot at the sound of the door disengaging from its closed position, I relax when I see Noah.

"You alright?" He inquires with a sliver of concern and I nod affirmatively.

"You just startled me, that's all," I dismiss.

"So, Xavier called earlier," he starts out as I take a seat in front of the desk and he takes his behind it.

"Am I in trouble?" I say, skipping the merry-go-round and cutting to the chase.

My mind's already drowning in paranoia, I didn't need added suspense to the list.