Chapter 9 - you are the Alpha, i am the Protector

Start from the beginning

"Is it a walker?" I asked, digging through the mud by his tugged leg. "I can't get a good kick on it." He groaned, "It's clawed it's rotten hands on my ankle."

I dug until something grabbed my hand. "There's more than one in here." I groan, grabbing my knife I plant a blade into Daryls walker, then mine.

"Jesus..." Daryl whispers, "Isabella GO." He whispers, tugging me as fast as possible through this mud.

I looked down, multiple different walkers are purposefully dug into this mud. It was a trap.

"Go." Daryl whispers, trying to speed me up by literally nearly dragging me. Stabbing the nearest surfaced ones as did I.

"Daryl wait." I whisper, flicking the muddy and bloody guts off of my knife I sunk my blade into the walker that grabbed my ankle head. Then Daryl starts getting grabbed, then me again.

"Oh no no no." I whisper, "No."

"Stop freaking out." Daryl groaned silently, "I'm not freaking out, you are." I whisper, stabbing the heads.

Daryl grabs my hand, kicking his way through as he drags me along.

"How much farther?" I asked.
"Right here." He says, grunting as he jumped out of the mud, pulling me up my arms.

"Thanks." I panted, "Good refresh." I smiled to him. "Yea." He shrugged, putting his knife back as did I.

"Hello." A low growl radiated deep into my bones from behind me.
Daryl slowly grabs his knife, "We meet again, Daryl." The man smiled.

"You glad to see me?" He growled, "I ain't."

He turns around, but once the blade came into the- he's HUGE!

He grabs Daryls hand, taking his knife as Daryl grabs another. Making a sharp attempt to puncture this 6'5 man.

I grab my gun, pulling out one of my smaller knives I grab Betas arm. Tugging I shoved my knife into his hand.

It didn't even go through.

My breath hitched as I looked up at Betas eyes. He didn't even seem to look at me as he grabbed Daryls head, the blade still in his hand he pulls Daryls head to his knee, knocking Daryl onto the floor.

I grab my gun, holding it to his head.

"On your knees." I said grimly, "Now."

"I heard stories about you..." his monotone crackling voice echos. I still see that blade in his hand...

"From whom?" I glared, "I only met your leader once."

"But you'd people talk... especially metal arm man." He growled, "He talked about you, never used your name, only used The Protector." He smiled.

I cocked the gun, hearing Daryl crawl on the ground. Holding his face in pure agony, "How do you know it was me?" I hissed, cocking my head, "Many people have names here."

With a grunt he pulls the blade out, but when he does Daryl scrambled to his knees. Then Beta punched me in the gut, a lingering sharp pain in my side.

"Your 3 inch throwing knife? That was cute." He growled, wrapping his hand. "Follow me, and quickly."

I hunched over, holding my stomach. Then feeling a hand blade sticking into my side.

"Oh god." I whisper, wrapping my hands around the blade. I close my eyes. Taking deep breaths.

It's going to be fine, don't pull it out.

"W-We need to go." Daryl stuttered, holding his head.
"We came here for a reason." I held the blade almost like I was trying to hide it. But not from Daryl.
"You got stabbed." He glared, "I got a knee to the face. We go or we die."

I paused, looking at my blood soaked hand. Nodding.

I was slightly hunched as I used the trees for support. Daryl next to me as he held his face, we encounter the bridge and sticks.

Then a small piece of twined string slipped across my throat, tugging me back onto Alphas borders.

I calmly held my side, Daryl shockingly turns around as he held his cross bow to his eye. It wavered back and forth unsteadily.

"Y'all think you smart enough to sneak onto my land?" Alpha smiled, Beta on her side, "I wouldn't want to try to kill us, Daryl." She growled, "We have that Army we talked about. And it will be released. But if you pull that unsteady trigger, it will be released sooner." She smiled.

I coughed, holding the blade. "Daryl, tell the others I'll be okay." I nodded, "Tell Judith and RJ I'll be back soon."

"If you do come back soon, might come back later than anticipated." Beta growled.
"I'll make a point outta you." She whispers to me, taking me deeper away into the forest from Daryls shocked and fearful face.

I'll fight my way out of this, if it's the last thing I do.