Chapter 10 - All Hell Breaks Loose

Michael Jr. leaves his mother waiting at the hotel. He's decided to be the one to confront his father. The Camaro fires to life to race home, believing he's finally doing the right thing.

As he pulls into the driveway, he sees the B.M.W. still there. After a deep breath, Michael Jr. charges into the house and finds his father coming from the bedroom with a girl on each arm.

"Hey, son, just in time. Do you want one of these lovely ladies?" Michael Sr. says, looking over to the redhead.

"Oh, he's pretty cute! He looks exactly like a younger you!" She points out, taking her leave reaching out to take hold of Michael Jr.

"He's named Michael Jr. for a reason, you know. M.J., go have fun, and uh, we'll not tell your mother about this. Consider her a gift for it being, oh, I don't know, a sunny day."

Michael Jr. marches up to his father without hesitation.

"I have my girl, so just take them home, dad." He says, trying not to cause a scene.

Michael Sr. nods and helps the two ladies out to the car. Soon they're gone, and Michael Jr. waits for his father to return.

Back at the hotel, Elizabeth receives a call.

"Hello"

"Hey sis, listen, I'm at the airport, and I'll be in town shortly. I uh took a few days that dad told me to take and come check-up on you." Kevin admits without wasting time.

"ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS! Southwest Airlines is now boarding for Los Angeles International Airport. Please have your ticket and carry-on ready, and thank you for choosing Southwest Airlines." The announcement states as it carries through the phone.

"I'll see y'all soon; love ya bye!" Kevin says, ending the call.

Elizabeth is stunned that her brother is already coming to visit. She's put off even more, when their father suggested that Kevin come to visit to make sure Elizabeth and the kids are okay. She keeps a close eye on her phone until she can't handle it any longer.

"Fuck it!" She says, rushing down to get Katie.

As the elevator door opens, Elizabeth bumps into Kaitlin without Wally escorting her back to the room.

"Oh, hey, sorry, mom." She says in a depressed kind of voice.

"It's okay, and come with me; your uncle Kevin is coming to visit for a few days."

"Do what?" Kaitlin manages to say while her mother drags her to the SUV.

Before she can tell her mom anything else, Kaitlin is in her seat with the seatbelt fastened. Elizabeth slides into the driver's seat and notices something's off.

"What did he do?" Elizabeth asks.

"He broke up with me; Wally dumped her for Sherry Martel. She put out more than I did, and he dumped me." She mentions then sniffles.

"That son of a bitch! I'll beat his ass for using you and ditching you!" Elizabeth yells, smashing her hand into the center console.

Kaitlin draws up into the seat with her knees folded as her heart cracks even more. She stays that way the entire forty-minute drive to LAX. They find an easy spot to park and wait patiently with the car idling with the air condition blowing.

They both watch as planes land and take off from the runways. They guess which one Kevin is in with every plane that lands. It's a way for a distraction from the drama in their lives, and soon the phone call comes from Kevin.

"Hey bubby, have you landed yet?" Elizabeth questions when she quickly answers the phone.

"Yeah, I have my bag, and I'm about to walk outside. Do I need a rental car or..."?