Prologue

The year is 2371. Where did the time go? When good always wins over evil? When there was always a light people could rely on - even in the darkest times. 

It all happened too quickly... Yet so obviously.

Starting on the 25 December, 2369, Christmas Day.

Their first mistake - brushing the villain off.

" Good morning and Merry Christmas, Musutafu! Today we have different news than normal. Eight Pro Heroes have been kidnapped. Both heroes and police are looking into this, but if you have seen or see any suspicious activity, please notify your local police station immediately. Despite the terrible news we have received today, it'll be a great time to build christmas snowmen, for it's going to snow-"

People thought it would be okay. That the heroes would save the day, yet again, like they always do. Good always wins over evil! That's how it's always been. Hell, even with the fall of All Might! They got back up again, so why not now?

Well. Surprise, surprise - that's called a fairy-tale. It's fictional. 

Their second mistake? Letting their guard down.

" Good morning and happy new year, Musutafu! On the news today, we have been informed that the heroes and police will not rest on the case of the kidnapped heroes. However, the anonymous villain who has done this has not made any moves since Christmas. Authorities are wondering if the villain is plotting something big, however, due to the lack of action, they will take heroes off the job to start investigating matters that need more attention. Moving on, the weather today will be-"

The new year, 2370, came and went. Decorations came down, boring lives continued and people almost entirely forgot about the kidnapped heroes by the end of January. Yet another decade gone by. It's funny how so much can change in such little time.

But life is cruel. And luck isn't always on the good side. The darkness needs a time to shine, too.

They didn't have a last mistake. What happened next... Well, you'll have to find out.

This time, the reporter's tone was monotoned and serious.

" Good morning Musutafu. We have some devastating news today, unfortunately. The eight heroes, who had been captured by the anonymous villain last Christmas, have been found, dead. Heroes are working harder than ever to track down and apprehend this cruel villain for his crimes... On a brighter note, No. 1 Pro Hero; Deku and No. 2 Pro Hero; Dynamight have worked together to save countless lives from a crashing train! No. 3 Pro Hero; Shoto has also been at work saving many, for he managed to stabilise a falling building before many were injured and before the building would crash into another close by. They all managed to save and help many lives today while risking their own, and for that, we give our thanks. Now for the weather; it will be-"

One year later, was the year heroes had started to disappear.

One year later, was the year more and more villains became known in their place.

And one year later, was the year Japan was reduced to chaos.