Pets

Heyyyyyy I haven't really written in awhile, I read a lot. I ended up reading the bible after... *shudders* so yeah. Enjoy one of the best ships in the world written in my terrible writing.

---!---
John

I woke up to Sherlock's beautiful scent. Our legs were tangled together, his arms were around me, I snuggled into his bare chest, very attractive bare chest.

I felt a kiss on the top of my head. "Morning love." Sherlock whispered. "Morning." I replied, yawning.

"By the gay- I mean way. I have to go out today John." He said blushing at his mistake.

"Sounds like someone is still struggling with the fact that he is gay." I smirked.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."

---!---
Sherlock

John made breakfast and a thought came to mind. 'We should get a pet.' I thought.

"We should."

"Hmm?"

"We should get a pet."

"What makes you say that?"

"You just said that Sherlock."

"Oh."

He chuckled and finished frying some eggs.

"By the way, you are eating. No ifs ands or buts about it."

"What about ughs?"

"No. You are eating or you are sleeping on the floor for a week and no kisses."

I gasped dramatically. "You wouldn't."

"Try me."

"You know what John? I am really hungry all of the sudden."

"Good." He slid the eggs onto my plate, kissing me as he did so.

"I'd make a great wife." John said suddenly. I choked on my egg with laughter.

"What? I would."

"Yes you'd be a great wife John."

"So about this pet thing. If we do get a pet, can we get an exotic pet?"

"Of course love."

He kissed me again, and I ate my eggs.

---!---
John

Sherlock had gone out so I decided to watch some telly. I watched a lot of crap and found myself wondering about a pet.

Sherlock seemed genuinely interested. I fetched my laptop and researched about exotic pets.

After a couple of hours I found myself putting on a coat to get Sherlock a surprise.

---!---
Third person P. O. V.

Sherlock came home to the flat and went right to John's old room. Slowly and carefully he pulled out a little box and set it on the floor.

He ran back downstairs and retrieved another huge box. He got to work.

Two hours later John got back, just as Sherlock went to the washroom. John ran up to his old bedroom, he thought that the stuff set up there was part of one of Sherlock's old experiments.

He set down a large box, soon some men were bringing a huge box up the stairs.

John was a few minutes into unpacking when Sherlock entered the room, obviously startled at seeing John there.

"Surprise!!" John said after a few minutes of silence.

"Indeed." Sherlock chuckled.

"I got a pet." they said at the exact same time.

"What type of pet did you get?" John asked Sherlock.

"I'll show you. His name is Hamish."

John groaned at his middle name as Sherlock picked up a small box, he sat down on the ground beside John.

Slowly he lifted the top off, he reached in and pulled out a small hedgehog.

---!---
John

I was surprised when Sherlock pulled out "Hamish the hedgehog" but it was a nice surprise.

I laughed and he joined me. I hadn't realized until that moment how beautiful his laugh was.

It was deep, and reassuring. I smiled at his laugh and then he asked me what pet I had gotten.

"This..." I started, pulling out a box.

"Is William." Sherlock looked at me sharply.

"Your brother and I don't just sit and talk about the whether." I stated, pulling off the lid. I pulled out a little otter.

---!---
I know it's really jumpy I'm quite tired and it's like one or something like that. I tried. Stay with me brahs and bros.

Signed,
The Queen™

👑