Chapter Thirty-Two

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I wore a gold dress so light it was almost white with darker gold markings on the bodice and the base of the skirt. I had my hair in an updo with a few h/c curls loose.

Loki walked up behind me and placed is hands on my waist.

"You look beautiful," he said before placing a kiss on my neck.

"I don't... I don't feel like me," I said, looking at my reflection.

The woman who stared back was... royal. Used to courts and palaces and riches and jewels. The woman behind the mask, though, was used to blood and gore and pizza and fighting.

"You feel as though you don't belong," Loki guessed.

I looked to Loki's reflection and nodded.

"You belong with me, and I belong with you," Loki said. "It does not matter where we are, as long as the other is with us."

"That was really poetic," I said.

Loki inclined his head.

"I try," he said. "I know you were not raised for royalty, but that does not matter. If you wish, we do not have to attend."

I shook my head.

"It's just... strange. To think this could have been my life," I said.

Loki kissed me on the top of my head. I turned to face him and captured his lips with my own. Loki kissed me deeply until we were interrupted by a knock on the door. Thor walked in as we pulled apart.

"You look radiant, y/n," Thor said.

"Thanks, Thor," I said.

Loki took my arm in a courtly manner and led me from the room. We walked down the halls and stopped at a pair of double doors. The doors opened and Thor went through first. Then Loki and I went through the doors. There was a collective gasp as Loki and I walked down the golden staircase into the ballroom. We walked towards Frigga and Odin's chairs. Loki bowed and I curtsied in front of them.

"Rise," Odin said.

Loki and I rose from our places.

"Tonight, we celebrate the return of y/n Sigyndottir," Odin announced to the crowd.

Everyone cheered and music began to play. Loki and I sat down at the table and began to eat dinner. Conversation flowed. People asked me lots of question about my past. I started to get uncomfortable, so Loki engaged in a long conversation with me.

Once dinner was finished, the tables were pushed aside to allow room for dancing. Loki led me to the dancefloor first.

Do you know how do dance in the traditional Asgardian way? Loki asked into my mind.

Yes. I remember my mother teaching me, I replied.

Loki smiled and led me into the steps. We twirled and dipped and spun around the dance floor. Soon enough, other couples began to join us on the floor. I only messed up the dance a few times, but luckily Loki was able to help me and keep me from falling.

"May I have this next dance?" Thor asked after Loki and I had been dancing for a while.

"Of course," I said, giving Loki a kiss on the cheek in goodbye,

Thor danced with me for a bit.

"I am very glad that you and my brother make each other happy," Thor said.

I smiled.

"Thanks, Thor," I said.

Thor and I danced for a bit until Loki cut in again. I giggled at my lover when he spun me away from Thor.

"You seem like you can't keep your hands off me for long," I joked.

Loki spun me into his chest and smirked.

"Only because I know you crave my touch, Love," he murmured into my ear.

The rest of the night was amazing. I danced with lots of different people but always ended up dancing with Loki in between.

At three in the morning the party was still going strong. I tried to stifle a yawn with the back of my hand.

"Tired, Love?" Loki asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"A little," I admitted.

"Would you like to sleep?" Loki asked.

I yawned and nodded. Suddenly I was in Loki's room and in a pair of pyjamas. Loki was also in his sleepwear. We got into bed and cuddled up to each other.

"I love you," I mumbled as I fell asleep.

"I love you too, Angel," Loki murmured.