Final Words

Wow, what do I say? When I decided to write Boots Up and the series of the Port Ranch girls I never thought that our adventure would ever lead us here. I had planned the wrote four stories and then move on to the next series. Somebody had mentioned in a comment that I should write about the boys and that got my brain working. I scrapped the other idea that I had and went to work with the Second Generation.

I sound like a broken record, but I really do want to thank each and every one of you that reads, enjoys, and comments on my stories. When I wrote my first story on Taptales, it was a way to finally get all these stories in my head out onto “paper.” I couldn’t have imagined that writing would become such a big part of my life and something that I enjoyed so much.

As silly as it sounds to say that I’m going to miss this Port Ranch family, it is absolutely true. After nine stories, spanning 20+ years, I sometimes forget that these aren’t real people. Many people want me to keep writing about them, but I feel like Clemmy’s story is the perfect high to end the large series on. Don’t fret though, I have already planned to write a holiday story starring the Port Ranch Family, so be sure to keep your eye on for that!

To everybody that has read this story and the series, thank you so much. Your comments and suggestions have kept me going and even though I know you’re all sad to leave the family behind, I cannot wait to take you on the next adventure.

Stay tuned for the release of Damaged Fenders and follow me on Instagram jsmith_writes for more updates and information.