Chapter 24

CLEMMY

Everything was just a shitstorm. I didn’t have a better way of explaining what was going on. My parents were so angry at me for going to Patrick’s without saying anything, but I honestly thought deep down inside that I could handle what he wanted. Once I got there though, I realized that I made a huge mistake. If it wasn’t for Robbie, Dad, Granger, and Jace, I don’t know what would have done.

In the days after, we spent a lot of time going back and forth between Robbie’s place and the police station. They kept wanting statements and for me to look over new evidence that they had found. Patrick was formally charged and is currently sitting in jail in Hillshire awaiting trial. Vivienne has been an emotional mess also, as one would suspect. Robbie had to end more than one interview with the police because of the toll it was taking on her.

She said that while she was playing at recess Patrick had pulled up in his car and called her over to the fence. He was his normal nice self and was holding the tickets to Disney on Ice. Patrick told her that I had sent him to pick her up because I was running late. In trying to protect Vivi from what was happening between Patrick and me, I never told her that we weren’t together or that he was doing and saying bad things. She completely trusted him and didn’t think twice about leaving school to be with him.

Needless to say, she has been back to school and hasn’t even been out of the sight of one of us. She’s incredibly clingy right now, but I don’t really care. I just want to hold her all the time too. I can’t believe I came so close to losing her. I find myself tearing up every time I think about how worse it could have been.

“Do you have everything?” Robbie slides up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. He plants little kisses against the back of my neck which almost makes me forget about all of my problems.

“I think so. Did you find her other shoe?” I turn around in his arms and wrap my arms around his neck. 

“I did. Somehow it made its way alllllllll the way under the bed. I had to use the broomstick to get it out, but I did it.”

“I’m impressed.”

“I was trained for rescue missions in the middle of wartorn countries and you’re impressed that I was able to find her shoe?”

“No, silly. I’m impressed you had a broom.” I giggle and place a kiss on his cheek. Robbie jokingly pulls back, clutching his heart, pretending to be insulted.

“Oh, Clementine’s full of jokes, isn’t she? What a funny little girl you are.”

“I like to think I’m pretty hilarious. Thanks for noticing.”

“Uh-huh, why don’t you get your hilarious ass into the other room so I can drive you guys home?”

“Sir, yes, sir.” I give him a fake salute and he picks me up and carries me out of the bathroom and tosses me onto his bed. 

“Vivienne, your mommy is a trouble maker, did you know that?” Robbie picks Vivienne up and tosses her on the bed next to me and then starts to tickle both of us. It turns into a fit of laughter until we both beg for mercy. Robbie gives us both kisses before standing back up. “Okay you two, enough playing around, we’ve got work to do.”

“Pretty sure that you were the one that started this,” I remind him.

“Weird, that isn’t how I remember it.” Robbie picks up my bag and slides Vivienne’s onto his back. He looks adorable wearing a gold and silver girly backpack. He has no qualms about holding all of her girly items which just makes him even sexier.