chapter thirteen: normal day

Start from the beginning

"I wish I looked like you Kate!" I said to boost her confidence. She accepts the compliment and we finish our lunch. Well I didn't finish but no one has to know that.

7th period (Mike's class)

"Anna what is the answer to number 3?" Mike asks me.

Luckily for me, I have been paying attention and for a matter of fact, I already finished my work.

"B" I reply politely.

Mike looks surprised by my good attitude and nods his head at me. "Correct! Now Elena, can you tell me the answer to number 4?" He asks the next student.

I pay attention for the rest of class and follow along. I'm really proud of myself and apparently Mike is too because during our mentoring session, he let me know that I got a 100 on my assignment today!!

I have a lot going on today after school. I have to see If I made the soccer team, go help Mr Wilson, I have that lame dinner with my parents, plus all my homework!

Ugh!!!

Once my mentoring session with Mike is up I sprint to the athletic hall to see If I made the soccer team. As I'm running down the hallway I turn a corner and bump into my soccer coach.

"Woah! Woah! What's the rush Anna?" He says while resting his hands on my petite shoulders.

"I need to see if I made the team!!" I pant. I try to move around him but he blocks everywhere I try to move.

"No more running in the halls alright? I know you can run fast but save that for the field." He compliments me.

"Okay, okay. No more running!" I say quickly then speed walk to where the piece of paper is hung up on the wall displaying the teams.
I scan the JV team paper with my eyes up and down over and over and I don't see my name.

Does that mean...

I run over to the varsity paper and look for my name, It should be at the top because my last name starts with an 'A'

"No fucking way!!!" I scream in the empty hall. I MADE VARSITY!!!! I jump up and down trying to conceal my happiness so I don't draw attention to me. I have to look for Kates name too! I'm scanning the paper again and just as I was getting sad because didn't see her name... there it was! Her name is the last name on the list! I'm so happy that me and Kate are the only freshman on varsity! I can't celebrate for too long because I have to get to Mr. Wilsons class to help him grade papers. This puts me in a bad mood. As I'm walking down the hallway all I can think about it how miserable I'm going to be at my parents dinner thing tonight. I have a dead expression on my face as I enter Mr Wilsons classroom.

"Grading papers can't be that bad, what with the numb expression?" He asks me.

"It's my parents, I hate them so fucking much." I say blankly back to him.

Mr Wilson changes his expression to a stern one, "Don't say that about your parents, they love you." He frowns, "and watch the language."

"Right, sorry..." I sit down and hiss because my butt is still sore from yesterday. Mr Wilson notices and grins a little.

"So you ended up getting in trouble yesterday anyways? Even after I helped you?" He questions.

Damn this is so embarrassing! 

"Yes Mike got mad at me over some dumb shit." I snapped.

"Last warning for language Anna." He warns. "Did you deserve your punishment? I'm sure Mike had a good reason."

This is so dumb why is he asking me these questions!?  "At the time of when he was beating my ass, I thought I was sorry, but now that I look back at it Mike is a stupid man with stupid rules." I scoff. 

Mr Wilson threatened me, "I'm trying to give you chance after chance Anna but the language has to stop. Next time you curse In my classroom I will have to take disciplinary action. I'm sure you don't want another spanking after what Mike gave you yesterday right?"

"Right." I mumbled. 

Mr Wilson places a stack of essays on my desk and hands me a piece of paper that says "Grading critique" 

"I'm keeping it easy on you, all you have to do is grade these 30 essays and then you are free to go. Understand me?" He declared.

"Yes sir." I reply and start grading the essays in front of me. The clock says its 3:30 and I have to be home by 6:00 for my parents dumb dinner thing. I grade essay and essay, I don't think this will ever end! I give basically everyone an A+ because I would want the same in return until I reach the second to last essay. The name says "Clay." Oh hell no. I read his essay and It's actually really good but I think I'll just mark it with an F just for funsies. After I grade the last essay I hand them to Mr Wilson.

"Here you go sir." I place them on his desk. 

He looks up from what he was doing on his desk and thanks me. "Thank you Anna. Next time you are late to my class and try to sneak in without a pass you will grade ALL of the essays." He cautioned.

"I won't be late again sir, I promise." I smile.

"Okay sweetie have a good rest of your day." He smiles back.

I walk out of his classroom, fuck, now I have to go home and have a horrible evening with my parents and their rich friends.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy with school and sports, plus my dad has been all over my ass because I was failing a class, don't worry I have a B in that class now :) It's spring break now, so you can expect an update everyday or every other day!!