chapter thirteen: astonishing attires

Start from the beginning

The stylist gave her a kind smile. "You're the first woman Mr. Styles has asked me to dress."

She let out a soft sound of relief at his candor.

"I've never known him to have a date for one of his gatherings, either."

That surprised her. It also gave her a boost of confidence. She felt sexy, ethereal. And she knew what she was wearing would stop Harry in his tracks.

Between her dragging shifts at work, Harry filled the rest of her days up until the party with teasing texts and kept his existence on the forefront of her mind.

He'd be sitting in a meeting, and his thoughts would wander to her. So he would text her and tell her he missed her mouth, her ass, her pussy. He'd tell her he couldn't wait to show her off in front of everyone. Because he couldn't- he really couldn't fucking wait.

Come Saturday evening, Scarlett was grooming herself to perfection down to every stray hair. She'd had a session at the gym that morning, then taken herself to a spa to treat herself, softened the planes of her body, her skin now smooth.

She made sure her makeup was dramatic, deep brown smoky eyes with plump lips, her deep hair swept forward over her shoulder, glistening diamonds and sapphires dangling from her ears in waterfalls of brilliant corundum.

The same black rolls Royce picked her up from her apartment once she was ready, her clutch in hand. The doorman assisted her out onto the street and instead of the driver holding the passenger door of the car open for her, it was him.

Harry. In a red suit, dripping rose, cardinal, scarlet. He looked phenomenal. The hue was astonishing on him. Harry wondered if she knew the shade of his suit was in ode to her. However, he wasn't sure he'd admit it if she asked.

He was dumbstruck at how breathtaking she looked. Glossy black material that clung to her curves, accentuating her chest and her hips, fanning out in onyx waves along her calves and swimming down to her ankles. Her heels, shimmering in diamonds much like the earrings she adorned. They were almost as priceless as her.

They stared at each other for a time, probably too long for what was socially acceptable to undress another person with one's own eyes on a busy sidewalk. But they both felt untouchable and enraptured, barely bothered by what was happening around them except each other.

"Scarlett." He breathed out, gesturing her closer with a crook of his jeweled finger.

"Hi, Harry." She gave him a soft smile but her body was on fire with the way he was looking at her.

Almost like he was actively trying to suppress the urge to press her against the bonnet of this car and have her in the middle of the busy street. Fuck, he probably would.

"You look incredible, as always." He complimented cooly but his ears were ringing with his need to touch her. Destroy what she'd worked so hard to put together, smear her lipgloss and make her mascara run.

When she was close enough, he pulled her to him with a hand on her hip, kissing her cheek in greeting.

"So do you."

They slid into the vehicle together, both very aware that the last time they were there, they were all over each other and he was buried deep inside of her. She'd been pressed against the seat, his body absorbing the tremors of hers as she came for him.

The driver, always quiet, pulled away from the curb while Harry settled in next to her and breathed in her compelling scent.

"Nervous?"

"Excited." She corrected, smoothing her hand along his strong thigh and feeling the muscle tense under her palm.

"Careful." He warned, his voice lowering a few octaves as he gazed down at her with a smirk.