"Will you hold my hand?" He sat beside her again, motioning his hand forward for her to hold. Unexpectedly, she did. She placed her hand in his, lifting her head up to look at him through her blurry vision. But then, her head got weird glimpses which she couldn't really catch up on clearly.  He froze when her head fell on his shoulder as he rounded his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer not being able to control himself too anymore in the situation, as their hands were still intervened together.

"You're okay, my love. I'm right here, by your side. Please. Keep your eyes open." He soothed her back as she was slowly losing consciousness. He didn't want to see her like this again. It reminded him of that cruel day.

"Ah. I....I saw. I re-remem-bered. Yo-You......us? B-black....r-red suit...we...ugh!" She was muttering words very slowly, her forehead creased as her head ached with her trying to focus and think more on the thoughts. Affan's heartbeat further fastened, they wore black and red on their wedding. Did she get her memory back? Like this? Now?

The lift door was finally opened as some men stood there. "Are you okay sir, ma'am? Sorry for the inconvenience-"

"Move aside, please." He picked her up and ran past them with her in his arms. She had fully lost consciousness now, but her hand still grabbed onto his shirt tightly.

Sitting beside her sleeping figure, with IV attached to her hand, he rubbed his face with both his hands. Nothing was going the way he had planned. It was all a mess. Ever since he came, nothing went right. But, maybe, she remembered? The hope in him kicked in again. It never leaves him.

"Ah." She groaned lifting up her hand to hold her spinning head.

"You're awake? How do you feel?" He got up on his feet, hovering over her face. "Do you recognize me?" He asked nervously, as she stared at him now. His face displayed so many mixtures of emotions and it was too...close. She furrowed her brows.

"No. I don't know you." She rolled her eyes. "Gosh, my head hurts like hell!" She went back to holding her head ignoring his disappointed face. He moved back, sighing.

"Let me call the doctor." He informed and went out in a hurry. After the doctor was done with the check-up, he discharged her after the drip was completed. Nimra pouted, getting her feet into the sneakers as she stared at their untied laces. Affan crouched down on his knee, and started tying her laces shaking his head. She hated tying them herself, the 'pampered baby' janab-e-aali was.

"I'll tie them." He spoke and internally slapped himself for acting up on his old habits again, but it was shocking that she didn't stop or question him. Why? She was just weirdly quiet. "Let's go." He smiled as she bit her lip watching his retreating figure.

"Mr. Chauhan." She called out as he stopped in his tracks. Did she just call him out?

"I wanted to, uh, admit something. Yes, my behaviour was very rude and unacceptable in the morning." She let out in one breath before he could turn around as her behaviour further surprised him. He turned around, raising a brow at her avoiding gaze.

"Is that an apology I'm getting?" He asked with a small smile playing on his lips. That did it for her, as she stared back at him.

"No. That doesn't mean your actions were right. Koya- My cat is really close to me and I don't even appreciate my siblings prying her away from my eyes ever, and you as a complete stranger, will of course be no option. And you just randomly disappeared with her in the morning-"

"A complete stranger, ain't I huh?" His low voice interrupted her as she licked her lips, avoiding his gaze again.

"Well, technically yes, since we just met like two days ago?" She looked back into his eyes with a narrowed look but he just remained quiet.  "Anyways, so what I was saying was, it was really unacceptable for me so don't ever do that again. Try staying far away from my cat. Since I'm very possessive about my belongings and people. You getting me?" She moved her hands to get her stance clear.