"Arey aunty. Aap kyun sorry bol rahi hain? I know her, and meine use khud apnaaya tha yeh sab jaante hue. Ap fikar na karein, when she gets her memory back, mil ke isske kaan keenchein ge for making us suffer so much." He gave her his best smile trying to look strong, and side hugged her as she lovingly patted his head. She couldn't thank God for granting her daughter with such an amazing man as her other half.

//♥︎♥︎♥︎//

Her big greyish blue eyes stood against his sad brown eyes once again. They stood facing each other outside her workplace. Affan was no more excited for her reaction right now still sad over the morning incident. He knew she could get a bit rude sometimes, okay no, very rude sometimes, but he's always been out of her rude list. No matter what, she always used to tell him, "I just can't get rude with you. You know, you're the only special one who doesn't get to face my bitchy side." And it was true, even when he scolded her not to curse so much, she obediently stopped cursing in front of him only.

He reminisced that one time when she was really angry at her boss that she wrote a resignation letter full of some sweet curses for him and was ready to send it to him. If not for him stopping her careless self.

"I don't give a f-"

"Nimra!" He deadpanned stopping her.

"Yes, I don't give a fu-" She ignored him and went on saying again.

"I swear to God, if you complete the sentence, I won't talk to you for three days." He was serious and she knew it by the look on his face.

"No, I don't give a 'whatever'!" She sheepishly smiled, replacing the curse with a sweet whatever.

"Good girl. Now come on, let's get you some popcorns to calm your heated head down." He flicked his forefinger over her nose softly, knowing a bucket of popcorn and a cozy movie night would have her mood all good again.

She turned away, quietly walking inside. No shock, no greeting, even no cursing, to ask what was he doing there? He also became a silent follower as they both were late to work for known reasons to them. The atmosphere was awkward as they both entered the empty lift. Killing silence.

She had clipped half of her hair on the top, as they were left open from below. Wearing a floral skirt with the boyfriend shirt half tugged inside it. While Affan was in his simple jeans and a tight half sleeve shirt.
They both took a glance at each other, unfortunately but fortunately at the same time. More awkwardness. Abruptly, the lift took a sudden shaky stop, but the door remained closed. For some seconds, they remained still.

"Yeh kia bakwaas hai?" She exclaimed in shock and anger stepping forward towards the buttons, clicking on them. There was no way this thing had gotten stuck today of all days, when she finally decided to take it for once. 

"What the fuck?" When none of the buttons worked, she kept pressing on the emergency button, almost panicking. "Open this up." She started banging on the door harshly. Affan who was trying to budge in to help was flabbergasted by her change in demeanour.

Shoot. She's claustrophobic. It suddenly hit him as he panicked too stepping near to her. Kicking on the door one last time, she swiftly dropped down, her legs giving in due to her uneven breathing.

"Nimra." He quickly got on his knee near her figure, not knowing what to do. She placed a hand over her heart, teary-eyed. No, she can't grow weak right now. He hurriedly got up to press on the emergency call button again as Nimra's breathing further slowed causing her to take in heavy breaths, the tears flowing down freely now. "Nimra!"