When the door opened again, I looked up expecting to see Lewis, only to look into Kaykay's eyes. Gasping, I stood and felt my eyes burn up, melting into her hold as she wrapped her arm around me.

"I am taking you home for a bit,"

"How?"

"I am doing okay now, I had a checkup for my burns,"

"Did Lewis say I could?"

"Yeah, and Cal, but you have to take it easy,"

"I missed you,"

"Sorry, when we got home I got quite upset,"

"That's okay," I sniffed, "Can we go now?"

"Yeah, Ashton is waiting in your room,"

"Ashton is here?"

"Mhm. Are you mad at him?"

"I was, but I find it hard to stay mad at him,"

She laughed and I smiled, sitting in my wheelchair; the nurse who kept us company wheeled my back for her, Kay walking by my side.

I was beyond excited to go home again, like most people got to after surgery. All I wanted to do was sit on a sofa under a blanket inbetween Ash and Kay.

And I wanted a bubble bath.

As we entered my room, Ashton looked up and smiled, though it was barely there, and he looked exhausted.

"Ashton,"

"Hey, angel,"

"I missed you,"

"You did?"

I stood and wobbled, then hugged him tightly and pressed my head into his shoulder. He was warm, and didn't smell like the hospital.

"So, do you wanna go home for a bit?"

"Yeah,"

"Good. I heard you tried solid foods,"

"I had half a sandwich,"

"That is still an amazing achievement. And you had an eye test?"

"Yeah, I need glasses,"

"Did you pick cute ones?" Kay asked,

"I think so,"

Ashton made me get back into the wheelchair and then took over from Kaykay and we left the room. On the way out, Lewis and Juliet gave me a high five and I giggled, promising to come back and see them soon because I knew they'd 'miss me'.

We went down in the lift and out to the car park, Ashton's car by the entrance. I got in the back and put my seatbelt on, wincing as it went over my incision. Then, both of them told me off and made me sit on the other side of the car so the seatbelt didn't do it.

"Whats the first thing you're gonna do?"

"Have a bath, and a nap,"

"You cannot have a bath yet,"

"Why?"

"You still have stitches, and dressing,"

"But I feel dirty,"

"You need to wash with a flannel, then," Kaykay sighed, "I know it's not nice, but you can have a shower soon,"

"Fine,"

"It's for your own safety,"

We got back home and Ashton helped me walk into the house, as well as up the stairs so that I could go to the bathroom. He brought in new pyjamas for me, then shut the door so I could wash.

Annoyed, I stripped off and got a flannel, gently washing myself and avoiding my dressing. I was beginning to get less swollen now, but looked really sick.

After, I changed into the soft pyjamas and made it to my bedroom, crawling into my bed. They had brought me some orange juice and a cookie, so I ate it and drank the juice, then laid on my side and fell asleep.

"Izz, baby, you need to wake up,"

I groaned and shook my head, pressing it further into the pillow. My head hurt like a bitch.

"Ash is going to feed you,"

"I want solid food,"

"Yeah, but you are not eating enough of the solid food to go without your feeding,"

Whining, I sat up and groaned, slamming myself back into the headboard.

"Don't do that,"

"I want to sleep,"

"Isabelle," Ashton said, "Come on darling, your body needs this,"

"No,"

He sat beside me and I pushed him, but I was so weak that it didn't even bother him. Instead, he started my feeding.

Kaykay climbed onto the bed beside me and winced as she sat down, then turned the tv on and kissed my head.

"I am going to make sure you're home more often," she said, "So we can be a family,"

"That would be nice,"

"I promise this time it will happen,"

"Okay,"

"Sorry this has all been so shitty for you,"

"Well I made some friends. One died but... I still have friends,"

"And when you get back to school, you will have lots more," Ashton said.

"Hopefully,"

"How are they doing? Your friends,"

"Okay. We are all just...okay,"

Once the feeding had finished, both of them became persistent about me going downstair. I really didn't want to, but they annoyed me enough that I gave in.

Both of them helped me walk downstairs, and then I quickly found out why.

"Surprise!"

Luke, Sierra, Calum, Michael, and Crystal all popped out and shouted, making me jump. They set off party poppers and confetti flew everywhere. There were balloons and banners too, making me look at Kay.

"What is this for?"

"Like I said. This is the beginning of the end, Izz,"

——————
beginning of the end... ah a ahah don't hate me <3