Chapter 17

Hawkmoth's felt even more alive as soon as Marinette's earrings were already in his hands. He feels like he was glowing — he feels like bursting. He was already imagining all his plans and how he's finally going to succeed.

Full of confidence, he walks towards one corner of the room, where a small cabinet was placed. That's were he kept Adrien's miraculous safe and hidden.

Almost four steps towards the cabinet, he stopped — or was stopped. He couldn't move. And when he looked down on his body, he saw a string wrapped tightly around him. . . To be specific, it was from Ladybug's yoyo.

And then his face fell. How? Why?

"Didn't expect it, Hawkmoth?" Ladybug, who is now surrounded by her friends who already transformed too, asked. Even Chat Noir was beside her again. Finally.

"Ladybug —"

"You didn't actually think that I'd give you my miraculous willingly, did you?" she said again.

Hawkmoth couldn't believe it. "This is fake?"

"Duh," Chloé but in. "Isn't it obvious?" She rolled her eyes, and faked a yawn. "For someone who is a successful businessman, Mr. Agreste, you were so easy to feel."

Marinette mentally faced palmed herself when she heard Chloé. She wasn't supposed to blurt out Hawkmoth's identity like that, especially when they haven't even talked to Adrien yet.

So Adrien, who didn't really expect that his father was the one who kept him inside a basement, was very shocked.

"Father?" he asked in disbelief. Disgust can even be heard in his voice. "I can't believe you —"

"Son. . ." Hawkmoth didn't know what to say. He doesn't really have an explanation — expect that he was so selfish that he's willing to put anyone at risk just so he can be even more powerful and can bring back her wife's life again.

"Take his miraculous, Queen Bee," Ladybug instructed. "It's not his, anyway."

Queen Bee, without a word, obliged. She snatched Hawkmoth's crest away. He immediately transformed back as Gabriel Agreste. Shame was written all over his face as he tries to avoid his son's disappointed gaze.

"You were never a father figure to me," Adrien began. "But I didn't really expect you do such evil and selfish thing."

"Adrien, I —"

"Save the explanation to the whole city of Paris."

Just like that, Hawkmoth was gone. Ladybug, along with the others, dragged Gabriel Agreste to his office, still deciding what to do with him. Ladybug also secured his miraculous, noting to herself that she'd give it back to Master Fu — where it can be kept safely.

"Chat Noir," Ladybug spoke to him for the first time, her voice filled with empathy. "It's up to you to decide whether we'd report him to the police. We totally understand if you still can't bear to report your father and if you're willing to give him another chance — just. . . Just keep an eye on him, if —"

"The policemen will be the one to keep an eye on him," Chat Noir said in finality. "I don't think I can forgive him anytime soon, considering the fact that he almost killed me."

Ladybug nodded understandingly. "Okay. I respect your decision, Chat," she genuinely said. "But for now, I have to bring the miraculouses back to Master Fu. I'll talk to you soon."

Chat Noir nodded. "Let's talk as soon as we get this mess cleared, Mi'lady."