Chapter 4

It's early morning on a Saturday and the every news on almost every channel was reporting about the akuma attack last night — but it was more focused on Ladybug and Chat Noir.

Marinette was sitting stiffly between her parents as they watch Nadya talk on the television.

"An akuma attack has taken over Paris again last night," Nadya said. "But the people seem more concern about Ladybug and Chat Noir's tension last night." Marinette became even more stiff as Nadya continued reporting. "The two seemed to be in a quarrel because they didn't tal — "

"I'm going to my room, Mum, Dad," Marinette said, standing abruptly. She smiled — which made her look funny because it was too wide and too forced. "I remembered that I need to go work on my History homework. . . So, see ya later!" And then she climbed up the stairs, running. 

She was huffing by the time that she reached her room.

"What are you going to do Marinette?" Tikki asked as soon as she saw her scribbling something on a piece of scented paper.

Marinette answered but didn't look up, "I'm writing Chat Noir a sorry note."

Tikki wanted to laugh at how cute Marinette looked while she was writing with her eyebrows furrowed, but she looked too determined — Tikki didn't want to ruin it for her.

"I never thought that you'd do something like that for Chat Noir," Tikki said. 

"Me too."

***

Ladybyg landed exactly beside Chat Noir. He was sitting on the roof of their school building, looking over the whole city. They're on their night patrol but it wasn't full of flirtatious jokes from Chat Noir anymore — it was just full of silence.

"Uh. . . Kit — Chat?" Ladybug couldn't believe that she's acting so nervous around Chat Noir. 

They used to be so close. . . 

They used to be comfortable around each other. . . 

He used to be her Kitty.

"What?" Chat Noir replied, his voice icy.t

"Are you still mad at me?" Ladybug carefully asked. She silently prayed that Chat Noir would shake his head, but he didn't. He remained looking at her for a whole minute.

When he didn't say a word after that, Ladybug sighed and handed him the envelope containing the letter she wrote earlier.

"Here. . ." she said, looking down. "I'll hope you'll read it."

Fortunately, Chat Noir accepted it.

"I'll watch over the East side while you watch over the West side. Let's meet up here after an hour." It was the only thing that Chat Noir said before he left Ladybug alone.

Feeling down, she made her way to the West side. She focused on roaming her eyes around, looking for someone who might need help. She was relieved to see that Paris seemed to be at peace tonight. 

The only thing that's not at peace was herself. . . And her relationship with Chat Noir.

***

Exactly an hour after, she came back to their meeting place but Chat wasn't there. She almost left when she saw how empty it is. . . But when she saw a note abandoned on the center. She carefully walked towards it and read it.

'I forgive you, Ladybug. Let's just be friends.'

Chat Noir already forgave her, but why does her feelings seem to get worse?

---

Author's Note:

So who's crying? Hahaha! Anyway, this chapter is literally Adrien's alter-ego friendzoning Marinette's alter-ego. Anyway, I hope your enjoying reading the story so far.

Ps. If you want to get a chapter dedicated to you, just comment! <3