Chapter 6: The Shepherd

Start from the beginning

Regina says to Kathryn," You should go out there. There's plenty of food. Go. Be with your husband."

Kathryn sighs out, lamenting to Regina," I lost him once. Now I have him back. But it's like I still don't have him back. You have no idea how that feels."

Regina disagrees," Actually, I do. I lost someone once too."

Kathryn looks up," Really?"

Regina nods," Yes. But the love I lost, there's no bringing him back. You have a chance here. Go to him."

Realising the merit in her words, Kathryn nods," You're right. And, Regina, thank you. Thank you for being such a good friend. It's been so lonely. I'm not used to having one."

Regina spoke," Neither am I."

Kathryn places a hand on Regina's shoulder," Well, like it or not, you have one now."

She leaves the kitchen and walks up to both Emma and Zatanna, asking them," Have you seen David?"

" Um, he..." Was all Emma could stutter out.

She look at Dr. Whale as hecshakes his head," No."

Storybrooke. Present.

David spots Mary Margaret trying to hang a birdhouse on a tree outside.

He rushes up to her, asking," Did you not get the invite?"

Mary Margaret looks at him," David."

" Here." He hangs up the birdhouse, saying to her," So I heard you resigned from the hospital. Was it me? Because of what I told you. About how I felt. About you. Come on. Don't tell me it's one-sided."

Mary Margaret shakes her head," You're married. It should be no-sided."

David however, isn't having it," What is should be doesn't matter. Whoever married Kathryn, it's not me. I didn't choose her. I'm choosing you. Now I know you feel it. I can tell."

Mary Margaret sighs out," I know you think that we have this connection, but maybe it's because I happened to be the person who saved your life? So why don't we leave it at that."

With that, she walks away.

Enchanted Forest. Past. King Midas Kingdom

In the enchanted Forest, Prince James is fighting a Behemoth.

The Behemoth throws Prince James over its head, and Prince James lies on the floor, seeming to be dead.

When it attacks, Prince James rolls out of the way and he plunges his sword into the Behemoth, slaying the creature.

Prince James stares up at the Behemoth, spitting out," Next time, make sure I'm really dead."

The Behemoth falls onto the ground as King Midas claps his hands," Well done."

" Well done?" King George questioned out," There's an understatement. You see what my son did to that brute? He just killed the unkillable."

King Midas nods," A valiant feat for sure. But it is still just a man. Can he do the same with a dragon?"

King George replies by asking King Midas a few obvious questions," Do Fairies sprinkle dust? Do Trolls live under bridges?"

Prince James goes up to King George, assuring him," Father, relax. I can kill whatever beast you set after me."

King Midas laments,"My kingdom is plagued by a dragon like nothing you've ever faced before. He has killed every warrior that's tried to slay him."

Prince James arrogantly boasts," He has yet to face me."