[69] Life Changing

Start from the beginning

"I'm 17." She answered.

"See that's an answer, that's how we answer people." Stiles said to Peter.

"Well, 17 how you'd measure in years." Cora added.

"All right, I'm just gonna drop it." Stiles stopped. "What happened to Derek and the Cello girl?"

"What do you think happened? They were teenagers, one minute, it's, 'I hate you don't talk to me' the next it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone in for five minutes." Peter told them. "Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of beacon hills."

"Wait, how do you know all this?" Madi asked. "You just said they were alone."

"Back then, I wasn't just Derek's uncle, I was his best friend, his closest confidante," Peter answered. "that's how I know."

Peter then continued the story, telling them about Derek and Paige falling in love, to how there was multiple packs in beacon hills at some point, Deucalion, Kali, Ennis were all leaders of their own packs. They were good people too. Peter told them how there was basically a war going on between the hunters and them, and that the werewolves went to another alpha for advice and help. Derek's mother, Talia Hale.

"Our mark for vendetta." Peter said, drawing a swirl in the foggy window.

"Man you guys really take that revenge thing to, like, a whole new level, don't you?" Stiles asked.

"It's not just revenge." Cora told him, "Losing a member of your pack isn't like losing family. It's like you lose a limb."

"They wouldn't even let him see the body." Peter said talking about Ennis and his beta.

"I don't get it what does this have to do with Derek?" Cora asked.

Peter turned to look at them, "Everything. I never just a single moment, it's a confluence of events, personally, I looked at Ennis' circumstances I saw a profound loss. Derek saw something different. He said opportunity."

"Opportunity? To do what?" Madi asked.

"To always be with her."

He told them how Derek thought he could turn Paige into a werewolf. Madi stared at the ground, not even able to think of Derek like that. The Derek now would never willingly do that to someone he loves. Not unless it was a life or death situation.

"I kept telling him not to do it." Peter said, "Everyday the more he thought about it the more convinced he became. You know teenagers. I bet he even blames me. He's probably convinced himself the whole thing was my idea."

They started to talk about Derek and Paige again, the conversation changing to Druids and Emissary, specifically Deaton, who was the Hale pack's Emissary.

"They keep us connected to humanity. But they're a secret even in the pack. Sometimes only the alpha knows how the emissary is." Cora explained, "Derek and I had no idea about Deaton."

"Or his sister. Morrell." Peter added.

"She's an emissary too?" Stiles asked with shock.

"For the alpha pack." Peter answered.

"Our guidance counselor?" Stiles asked in shock. They nodded, "Why the hell DONT you people tell us any of this stuff huh? We shared some really intimate details with her."