[55] Life Changing

"Well it looks pretty damn permanent now

"Well it looks pretty damn permanent now." Stiles said as the boys started to walk out of the house, Madi following silently behind.

"Yeah. I kind of needed something permanent." Scott said, "everything that's happened to us-, everything just changes so fast. Everything's so, ephemeral."

"Studying for the PSAT's?" Stiles asked.

"Yep."

"Nice."

Scott opened the door, stopping and looking at the door. The other two teens looked, seeing red painted over the door. Something that definitely wasn't there before.

"You painted the door." Scott said looking at Derek, "why'd you paint the door?"

"Go home, Scott." Derek said glancing at Madi. "Both of you go home."

"And why only one side?" Scott continued to ask. He let his claws out, scratching a line down through the red paint.

"Scott." Derek said starting to walk over. He went to stop him but Madi placed a hand on Derek chest, stopping him from going any further.

They watched as Scott quickly scratched off the paint, revealing a symbol. It was a triangle, with lines coming out of the edges and outline the triangle.

"The birds at school, the deer last night-," Scott started. "just like the night I got trampled by the deer when I got bit by the alpha."

Madi put the clues together as she looked at Derek in panic, "How many are there?" She asked.

Derek sighed, "a pack of em." Madi scrunched her eyebrows confused, "an alpha pack."

Madi closed her eyes and sighed, running a hand through her hair with anxiety.

"All of them?" Stiles asked, "how does that even work?"

"I hear there's some kind of a leader." Derek answered before glancing at Madi who was looking at the door, "he's called Deucalion."

Madi looked at Derek, "Ms. Blake tried to pronounce Frederick's name. But she couldn't," Madi said as Derek looked at her, "It started with a D," She stated. "Deucalion."

Derek nodded making Madi look at him in shock, "He's the leader? Of an Alpha pack?" she asked, not imagine that quiet boy a danger alpha leader.

"Not him. Deucalion is his uncle." Derek said. "But I don't know what he's capable off. Which is why I'm telling you to stay away from him. We don't what he's capable of. All we know is that they have Boyd and Erica. Peter Issac and I have been looking for him for the last four months."

"Why wasn't I aware of this?" Madi asked. "Aren't I part of your pack?"

"You and I both know you're in Scott pack. Even if I bit you." Derek said to her.