Chapter 60

A few days later.

"Tedious. You all are so ratchet, this is not how imagined the shifter world to be." Annabeth said, rolling her eyes at all of us before raising her glass and drinking the red wine.

It was supposed to be a family dinner but Annabeth didn't hesitate in insulting every little thing around here, even the tea she was served in the morning. According to her, it was disgusting and not the way she drank—to bitter, to cold, to hot, to much sugar, to little.

It went on forever.

Ben was beside her, just glaring, his eyes full of love and thirst. He couldn't wait to mark her, only with her approval which she hadn't gave yet. Annabeth was about to leave a few days ago but Ben made her stay and we simply agreed. Not that we had any option except for to obey here.

"You haven't seen anything, Anna." I gave her a small smile. "Although, which country have you lived in?" I was eager to know more about her, as a sister but she wide-mouthed and rude most of the time, making it hard for us to be friends.

"I lived in England for most of my life." She cocked her head at Jacqueline. "I'm sure you must've heard about me." I assumed the same, as her accent was British, unless like us.

"Of course." Jacqueline murmured, not even looking at her.

Anna's attention dove back to me when she got nothing out of Jacqueline. They were three witches and three wolves inside the dining room and the only one who spoke was my twin sister.

"Well, Red, I returned from England a few years back." Her tongue ran over her lips as she continued. "When I learned about my little sister running wild. I couldn't wait to see you. But the restrictions here were a little threat to me so I avoided it."

"You had Fiona all along?" I asked, my voice throaty. My daughter was perfectly fine, tucked in her bed with Valarie and Lady Esther beside her.

The past few days had been hard, nonetheless, I was able to go through them. I had my daughter, my entire family and food on my table. It made me happy even when Fiona wasn't bonding with me. Whenever I held her, she cried, same with Luciano but it started getting better.

"Yeah." Anna replied. "I had taken her long back but if anyone knew about it, Gretel would have my head."

"So, you're not worried about her anymore?" I asked, wondering what was Gretel up to these days. There was no sign of her, no letter, no dream, nothing at all. The silence promised a wild scream and I just wondered when it would echo and shatter our ears.

"Gretel is ancient history." She slammed her fork into the steak and said. "I don't care about her. She's going be dethroned in a while, if she fails to fulfill the prophecy."

All heads turned to her side, including mine. "What?"

Anna groaned and stopped eating. "If Gretel fails to fulfill the prophecy, then she'll have nothing to give to her witches and her witches will turn against her, ripping her crown and title away, leaving her alone. I thought you must've known."

I glanced over at Luciano, he had the same look on his face, confused. I smiled at him and he smiled back, our thoughts almost the same. Gretel was going to be finished by the eclipse then. She had nothing against me anymore—which meant she had nothing against Luciano—we were all safe. It would take another four years for the eclipse to happen again and without it, the prophecy could never be fulfilled.

It was the greatest news I had ever heard but a part of my swollen heart still dreaded for the worst, as it hadn't happened yet.

Luciano turned his sharp eyes away from me. "Well, I hope you're done with blabbering, Anna as I've an important announcement to make." He grinned, tossing the dinner aside.

"Whatever."

I didn't take another bite of the meat until I heard what Luciano had to say. "There will be a wedding, at the end of this month." His hand curled around mine and he bought it forward to kiss it. "Ours." He whispered, a dozen of emotions in his mischievous eyes as he looked at me with love.

"But we are already married." I said, my stomach filling up with butterflies. Every act of Luciano made me go nervous and it was a great feeling, one I hadn't felt in a long time.

"So? I promised you a real wedding, remember?" He asked, reminding me of the day at the church. "We can renew our vows and announce to the world that you're my wife. And, this time, there will be Fiona with us."

My heart fluttered with a dozen more butterflies. I let out a small giggle before leaning over and kissing him on the lips gently.

"So, you'll take me as your bride again?" I asked, locking my eyes with him.

"I'll take you as my bride a thousand times if needed." He gave me a peck over my lips.

It was all good until I heard a snort across the table, coming straight from Anna.

"Disgusting and cheesy." She said, her face filled with disappointment. "Who even gets married at this era? Just fuck, have children and die."

I released a breath, unable to take anymore of her snarky comments and my eyes rolled at the back of my head. I clutched Luciano's hand tight, my fingers intertwining with his and I gave him a nod, showing him my happiness.

A proper wedding was a dream of every woman—including me.

"Don't worry, love, we can do all that." Ben whispered to his mate.

Anna could be all arrogant and rude she wanted to be but there was Ben beside her, replying with worse comments. They were truly a pair, a pair I couldn't wait to see it bloom.

After dinner, I spent a few hours playing with Fiona as she had woken up. There were only a few words she muttered and they barely made any sense. She was on the ground, just beside the bed, in my bedroom, playing with her soft toys and throwing them at me. Her tiny little crawls across the room were getting faster as she was getting used to the environment.

I let Valarie and Lady Esther go for a while as I wanted to be alone. A pair of hands came down my shoulder and I raised my head to find Luciano behind me.

"You should sleep." He rubbed my shoulders and said.

"No. I don't feel sleepy."

"Red." He dropped down, beside me and pulled me over to his lap. "If you keep staying awake all the time, you're going to get sick." His hand slid into my hair as he came closer to me.

"I'm fine. I just want to take care of Fiona." I took a quick glance at her, making sure she was fine and she was.

"You are. Look at her, she's happy and soon, she will love you and see you as her mother but things like these take time. It won't happen overnight," He spilled facts.

I was with Fiona all the time, day and night. I had to be force fed during dinner and breakfast so something could go down my growling stomach. Luciano pulled me away for hours, taking me for a run or making me walk around the castle so I could pull my attention away from Fiona, even if it was for a minute.

Luciano pulled my hair behind my ear and whispered, "When do you think I'll have a taste of you? It's been days and the monster in my pants is aching for you." His strong arms curled around my waist.

I shifted over his lap, my face turning red with embarrassment as I tried to yank myself away. "Not here!" I hissed, glancing back at Fiona that was just a few inches away from us.

I didn't want her first word to be monster.

I jumped off his lap and ironed my dress down with my sticky palms, ready to make a difference. "Could you keep Fiona occupied for a while? I'm going to see Anna and talk with her."

"Of course. Take your time. I'll be beside her," Luciano ticked his fingers in front of Fiona, taking her attention away from her soft toys.

She crawled over to him each time he called her. And when I did, she simply ran away like I was some monster in disguise of her mother.

Ugh.

Read the full book on patreon quicker www.patreon.com/miakerr