Chapter 36

I woke up with an agonising headache ripping through my head. Struggling to move, I found my sore wrists chained up to the sides of the bed, and just by a distance, I found Luciano. It took me a second to figure out that I was knocked out by him when I tried to leave the bedroom. There was a bump growing at the side of my head.

Luciano wiped his palm over his pants and stood. His eyes sparkled with mischief as he drew the curtains open, drawing in the heat of winter. I winced and cocked my head to the other side as the bright, sudden light burned my eyes.

My hair was tanged and dispersed all across my face, and underneath the sheets, I was still naked.

The whole night had passed by and I was sleeping like a dumb fool. I had things to do, places to go and many other tasks to complete before leaving with Pearl but Luciano destroyed my entire plan.

"This is wrong," I mumbled, twisting my hands and tugging them to free my self from the chains. "Let me go!" My attempts failed when I fell back on the bed, heavy breaths leaving my throat as I watched Luciano.

His lips tugged into a smile and he got over the bed. Seeing him, underneath the sunlight, after eight months, felt different. He had grown out more hair over his head and his jaw.

I sunk back into the mattress as he got over me, his face inches away. God. My eyes shut close as his finger crawled over my face, caressing my cheeks. His thumb flickered over my bottom lip and I found my self weakened by his touch.

I was his mate—again.

"So," He shifted above me, "I heard someone wanted to leave. Pity. You're still here and all tied up in my bed,"

Breathe, Red.

Just fucking breathe.

I told my self before opening my eyes and meeting with his unsettlingly calm gaze. My lips lined together and I fisted my palms before my anger got the worse out of me.

"Let me go," I gritted my teeth and repeated, hoping he'd understand better. The more I stayed here, the worse it would get. I was supposed to leave for Lunaris.

"Sorry, can't do that."

"Luciano," I exhaled through my mouth and continued, "Let me go. I've to leave,"

"Then leave, I'm watching." His hand directed towards the door that was a very long distance away from the bed and him over me wasn't helping at all.

"Release me," I showed him the restraints that kept me here.

"Nope," His fingers returned back to my face and I looked at the other side. I hated his touch. "You're my wife and let's not forget, my mate. So, you're supposed to be where I am."

My stomach twisted and I jumped, biting his finger but he pulled away at the right second and then, a wicked chuckle slipped past his lips.

My head lowered back down on the pillow as mixed feelings went through me. I needed to do something else.

Magic.

"Don't try to do something voodoo because that will not free you. Your powers are suppressed, and you'll stay like that for as long as I want you too." He said before I could curse out a spell and free my self.

"What do you want for me?"

"What do I want? Hmm," He rubbed the back of his neck and acted nervous, "So many things, princess but since you're asking, I want you to be here and you will be here."