Chapter 46

Chapter 46

"Something must be wrong then. The prophecy states that only a chosen one can kill a werewolf with her powers. It would be different if she used a weapon but she didn't, right?" Jaqueline hastened her speed while walking in circles.

"She didn't use a weapon." I was sure. There was no mark over Nana's body, no sign of struggle. Gretel just barged into her house and ended her life before she could shift and leave—the reason why she was outside when I found her.

"There must be something wrong then," she muttered, stepping away from her spot and getting her phone. "Did she do something to you while you were there?" Her eyes danced at my direction.

"No," My voice became vague and emotionless. "Apart from usual," I recalled the days I was with her and still felt nothing except for anger against her.

"Let me see. I'll have a driver drop us to the castle. I have a book in my chambers, the prophecy was first written in there." There was tension across her face as she dialed a number on her phone.

"But, Luciano, he told me that I should stay here." I wanted to listen to him. After all, he was the only person who was left alive, for now.

"It's fine. No one will notice you. He's leaving for something important and won't return until a while. In that meantime, you can look at the prophecy yourself." She said, tapping on her phone and waiting for someone to pick her call.

Once Jaqueline made the call, a car arrived at our doorstep. I threw on a jacket over my body as the sky threatened for a storm. It was cloudy and dark when I stepped outside the house.

The car was rather warm and it was a peaceful, quiet ride to the Blackmaw Castle.

When we reached the castle, Jaqueline took the same entrance as Ben did. We kept our distance from the servants and went straight inside the her chambers that hadn't changed even a little.

The guard at her door sent me death glares as he noticed who I was but Jaqueline was able to hold him off.

"Come on in," she said, holding the door for me.

I gave a curious glance around the room before walking inside. A strange scent hit my nose, I groaned and my face scrunched with disgust.

"It's a herb to stop magic and witchcraft. I know it's disgusting but Luciano wants to make sure that I don't practice any magic—for the time being." She snarled before her hands reached for her drawers.

"Why? You're his mother," I questioned the uncertainty.

"He's planning on doing something, I'm not sure what it is though." She shrugged it off with ease.

Luciano was defiantly having a problem with witches. He injected something inside me, taking my powers away for the time being. What was he planning? Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice that Jaqueline pulled out a thick, ancient book, and slammed it on the table in front of me.

"God, that was heavy." A grunt slipped past her lips before she slouched beside me.

I sneezed at the dust particles that flowed all across the air. "Is the prophecy written here?"

"It is. Turn to page 233."

I turned the pages around slowly, looking at the writing and the barely visible ink that was imprinted over the brown, coffee-colored paper. It was so fragile that I dread I'd tear it apart.

"There it is. Read it for yourself," she said, pointing at the big paragraph.

When the morning has been darkened,

When the moon has obstructed the sun,

When Werewolves loose their strength,

A witch melded with a wolf shall be born,

Her powers will weaken the entire race of creatures,

Ending their invasion in our human world,

And for the creatures, death shall be easy,

But, every chosen one will desire a Werewolf,

Let the desire get the best of her, and she'll weep for survival,

Till the true one takes her powers,

Restoring the balance of our lands.

As I was done reading, I looked at Jaqueline who had been staring at me. "I received a note last year where my mother stated that I was a true witch. I didn't not have a wolf." I declared. I wasn't melded with a wolf.

She shook her head and smiled. "No, every chosen one is a hybrid. I was the first one and Luciano is only my child so it had to shift to someone else when I killed off my wolf and failed to complete prophecy."

"To my mother..." I murmured.

"Yes, the curse of the chosen one went your mother but she—may she rest in peace—killed herself or was attacked, whatever it was, she couldn't fulfill it as well." There was a strangness to her tone, she wanted to say something directly to me but she hesitated.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and shook my head, unable to understand what she was trying to say. "Then it should pass onto me, but I'm not a hybrid." I was smiling for a second, believing that this all wasn't my fate and I wasn't the chosen one.

"You're." She said, taking my momentary happiness away.

I scoffed in disbelief. "I'm not. My mother stated clearly that I wasn't. I got her genes, making me a true-witch."

"You never triggered your wolf and you lived with your grandmother all your life, she was a lone-wolf, she might have never known that you are a wolf."

"How did your trigger your wolf?" I asked her.

"My parents were aware that I was an hybrid so my mother triggered my wolf by a spell. It's different for hybrids." she replied, glaring at me closely. "Basically, it's done by a witch."

I got up, pacing back and forth with my hands over my face. "So, you're telling me that I am a hybrid?" What else was going to be thrown at me?

"If you weren't, you wouldn't be the chosen one and Gretel wouldn't chasing you. A hybrid, fully turned, is much stronger than anything. Trust me, you can take her down in a single strike and end this misery for all of us."

"And, what if I fail?"

"It will be shifted to your daughter than and will continue on to do so till someone completes the prophecy, making the werewolves extinct." She spilled out the true reality of these two worlds.

Deep breaths. I told my self.

I didn't want to drag my daughter in this all. This had to be ended, in one way or the other, this prophecy needed to be destroyed along with Gretel.

God. I was weaker than her for a reason as I yet had to explore my powers and trigger my wolf that I wasn't aware off.

I folded my hands across my chest and narrowed down, staring at the words of the prophecy.

"Trigger my wolf then,"

Read the full book on patreon quicker; www.patreon.com/miakerr