Chapter 59

Back at the throne room, I snarled at Annabeth. "How should I believe that you're my sister?" The unsettling feeling in my stomach didn't perish after the truth came out of her mouth. I was still uncertain and in complete confusion. Why didn't anyone tell me? Why didn't Nana tell me?

"Really?" Her eyebrow cocked and her features sparkled.

"Right." I grunted, looking over at Luciano who had the same confusion in his eyes as I did. "Well, I didn't know about you."

"I know. Mother thought I was going to become the chosen, wicked one but, I guess she was wrong." Annabeth smirked, her eyes trailing up and down my body.

God. She knew everything.

"Why would she think that? And, is that the reason why you were abandoned?" I wanted more answers, a lot more.

Her jaw clenched and she replied, "I wasn't abandoned. I was sent away, right after birth as I was born first and then you followed. Lady Esther was the one who raised me."

"The same woman who took care of my daughter?"

"Yes. She likes taking care of lost girls." She rolled her eyes slightly. "First borns are usually the chosen ones. Our mother was and she believed I would be so she sent me away, where I could never fulfill the prophecy."

"But, you aren't even the chosen one." It was cruel what my parents had done. No one should leave a child alone, especially after birth and I knew that as I almost lost mine.

"Yes. But, by the time I learned that, mother was dead." Annabeth answered.

"But, my Nana was alive. Didn't she know that you were my sister?" I tried hard to understand but couldn't. How could such a big secret be hidden?

Annabeth walked around the throne room, her eyes fixated on the paintings on the ceiling, the same paintings that had captured my attention when Luciano brought me here. His silence at the moment was unusual. Didn't he have anything to say?

"Ole little Granny didn't know anything, neither did our father. Mother kept it all hidden. She gave birth to us in a small town, she discarded me and went home to her husband with you." She explained, plucking out the cherries from the bowls of fruits placed.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. It was horrible. If my mother did that to me, I would be heartbroken for the rest of my life but Annabeth seemed like she was handling it.

"I had been watching everything, from the day you were crowned and to Granny's death." She pushed the seed out of her mouth and placed it aside. "Quite surprising how you have everything—power, lavishes, a family, love and the King himself." She eyed Luciano but not in the bad way but rather a jealous way.

"I'll give you everything you want. You took care of my daughter and that matters a lot to me." I walked over to her and said the truth.

"I know, I'll get everything, that's what I'm here for." She smiled hard and then chuckled. Her voice was different, and so was her accent, as if she came from another part of the country.

"So, we are fine then?" I reached for her and she moved back.

"No. I haven't thought hard but I'll need a few days to come into conclusion on what all I want."

"You can stay here till you like." I suggested.

"Of course, I will."

Annabeth was completely different than me in terms of being a twin sister. Resemblance was the only thing we had in common. She was out-spoken, loud and definitely had a lot more courage that I could ever have.

A shudder wracked down my body as the door flung open, breaking the silence we were working towards too. Annabeth's eyes snapped at the door and horror crossed her face. I followed her gaze and found Ben, wretched in sweat as if he had just ran around but as soon as he saw Annabeth, the color of his eyes changed.

Luciano had his smirk on and it seemed like he was going burst out of laughter anytime soon. I didn't understand what was happening until Ben came inside, yelling the word he always wanted to say.

"Mate."

"No, ew, a wolf!" Annabeth threw her hands as he tried to come closer. She pushed him away, disgust all over her face as if she despised wolves. "The hell!" Another similarity.

"I'll be a puppy if you want me to be but you're mine." Ben replied, jerking his gaze back to her. She continued to take steps back, away from him.

"I'd rather die." She gagged, throwing her fists on him.

I placed my fingers over my mouth and released a small laugh at her response. Poor Annabeth. She was mated to Ben, the only man in this entire world who had desired for a mate more than anyone else. He waited for so long, never loved another woman, was always loyal to his mate who just showed up at his doorstep—with different intentions of course.

"I guess we should leave them alone." I whispered to Luciano before taking his hand and walking out of the throne room.

"Come back! This is not what I wanted!" I heard her scream with rage.

We scurried away like an echo disappearing and went as far as we could from the throne room. Before I reached for the handle of my bedroom, Luciano stopped me and twisted me around.

"Annabeth will be fine." I said quickly. It would take a while but the attraction would pull her in, after all, our Ben was the second handsome man here. No one could reject him.

"It's not about her. I am concerned about you. Are you fine?" Luciano asked me, his palm flattening behind my head.

"Of course. I could never be better. Thank you," I kissed his wrist and met with his gaze again. My wishes were fulfilled, I had my daughter, and I had my husband beside me—it was everything I ever wanted.

"Good. Stay happy, princess."

Read the full book on patreon quicker www.patreon.com/miakerr