Chapter 53

Luciano

"Run the name Annabeth and tell me everything you can find about her. She's a witch." I told to Charter as soon as she cut the call. Whoever was Anna or Annabeth, I could already assume she was going to be a problem for us.

My fingers tightened in my fists as I pondered about Gretel. She never had Fiona to begin with. She was getting played just as she had played with us. I heard a loud, ear-splitting scream from upstairs, a scream that awakened my wolf as he was the one sensing it—the pain.

I dropped the phone aside and rushed out of the room as the screams continued to echo through the castle. They were loud enough to raise suspicions among the servants. Most of them were found outside my mother's chamber, standing, their ears on the door, listening to the screams that belonged to Red.

I inched closer to the door but the my mother's guard outside stopped me. "I'm sorry, Ms Jacqueline gave strict orders. She can't be disturbed." The man said to me.

"Get your hand off me." I gave him a vicious glare and he stepped aside, letting me go into the room where I found Red, rolled up on the ground, screaming and crying.

"Luciano." Mother stood up, moving her hands away from her.

"What's happening?"

"I did the spell. She's turning." She said quickly.

Fuck.

"Right now?" I growled, looking at her state. "Can't you stop it? She's in pain," I crouched down beside her and wrapped an arm around her back but it didn't help with the pain. I had already warned Red that it was going to hurt a lot and I didn't expect her to actually fucking go on with triggering her wolf.

"I can't. She has to shift, immediately or she'll die." Mother said, backing away as Red tried to claw me. Crimson red flashed through her eyes before turning brown and then it happened again as her wolf tried to take control but she was denying the change.

"I'll take care of this. Leave us alone," I said to my mother who immediately left at my command. My mother knew nothing about werewolves, she had barely seen one shift, I didn't want to disturb her with the following images she was going to see.

I traced a line down Red's back and pushed her hair behind her ear. "Just breathe. It's going to be fine." I said, trying to give her some comfort.

She screamed again as the horrible pain came rushing over to her. Falling flat on the ground, she yelled, "It fucking hurts,"

Told you.

"It's just going to hurt for the first time. You need to shift, all right?" I pulled her over to my side. Her little claws scraped down my flesh, dipping in hard as she held me.

"I can't."

My teeth gritted as I clasped her arm. "You can and you will because I'm not going to let you die because of this."

For a split second, she silenced down, and the only thing I heard was her raspy deep breaths, making their way down her punctured lungs. When the pain returned, she screamed again, throwing her head back.

"It hurts, Luciano." She cried to me.

"And, I warned you so fucking shift." I snapped at her. It was the only way to teach children how to shift—especially those children that were too excited about being a werewolf.

It wasn't the first time I was forcing someone to shift. As a King, I had taught many others.

Red looked at me, a small pout over her lips as she winced at the sudden pain and cried.

"It will be fine. Don't deny the transformation, it's going to hurt a lot more if you don't allow it. Let out your wolf," I spoke to her softly after her gaze shamed my viciousness down.

"I'm scared."

"There is nothing to be scared about. You'll be fine so do it and get done with it." I ran my hands down her sweaty back as she went into the transformation again.

After a moment, I heard her growls, the shifting of her bones and saw the emerging of her claws, canines and the appearance of her hair over her flesh as she finally submitted into the transformation, allowing her wolf go to wild.

Her scent hit me straight in my head and my wolf prowled at me, wanting a release as well.

I held her to the ground until she was done with her transformation and when she was, she just laid down there, her screams vanishing and her wolf breathing in peace.

It was a golden wolf with the same brown eyes as she had. The pieces of her clothes scattered around the room. I sat aside, against the wall while trying to catch my own breath. Beads of sweat covered my forehead as I looked down at her.

That was fucking hard.

"You're done." I said.

Red was still at the ground, frighteningly still, barely moving, just breathing while gazing back at me. The faltering silence slid away as she began purring. It was something the wolves did when they were at peace or happy—which she was. She got everything she wanted and the last thing, her daughter, was on her way here.

All I ever wanted to do was to protect Red, till my last breath and I failed to do so. I let her go with Gretel eight months ago when I shouldn't have, I let her do everything wrong she wanted to do, I spoiled her and she lost control.

But, things were going to change.

When Red tried to get on her all four, she fell down and I let out a chuckle at her tries. She hissed at me and tried again, this time, actually standing on her all fours.

She came over to me, rubbing her head across my hand as I lengthened my arm to touch her fur. It brushed against my palm without a care.

"You do know you have to shift back." I reminded her. She couldn't stay like this forever.

Red shook her head and came in closer till I started petting her. Her head rested in my lap as she fell on the floor with a thud, closing her eyes, her purring still loud.

"Do you want to go outside? It's healthy to walk around, on the grass." I asked her, remembering my own time, when I first shifted. I was barely eight then and my father forced me to do so.

As much as it was painful, I couldn't remember that pain anymore as it was a long time ago.

Red gave me a nod and I grumbled a groan before getting up from the ground and releasing her to the outside world. Right before we could leave the castle grounds, my mother came running to me and I stopped Red to speak with her.

"She's fine. I'll take her out for a while." I muttered.

My mother sighed out of relief. "I thought she wasn't going to make it."

I narrowed my gaze down to her wolf. "She's Red, she can do everything." A small smile cracked over my face and my voice cut through the laughter as I continued, "Charter is at my office, he'll tell you something that might interest you. It's about a witch."

"I'll go to him." My mother replied before walking back into the castle. There was a small chance my mother could have an idea about Annabeth and who she was.

I pushed aside those thoughts and took Red along with me to the secured garden that stretched for miles, leading to the forest. The wolves at the castle usually took a run around here and so did I.

"Don't run too far." I warned Red as I released her from my hold but as soon as I did, she ran.

I was unsurprised as I expected her to do the exact same thing. Undoing the few buttons off the shirt, I rolled my eyes and then removed the rest of it.

"I told you not to run," I said before my wolf manifested my body, taking control and chasing behind hers. 

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr