My eyes went wide and my mind reeled. How could I get out of this? While yes, I was curious about what Logan had planned, I was still wary about it. Couldn't we wait just a little longer before we left? "B-b-but . . ." I stuttered.

He just rolled his eyes at me. "If you don't come on in three seconds I'll force you," he told me, sounding dead serious.

"You really think you can force me to do anything?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"One," he said, holding up a finger.

"We're really doing this?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Two," he sing-songed, completely ignoring me as his middle finger raised to accompany his index finger.

"I'm not leaving."

"Three."

For a moment, nothing happened and I couldn't help but roll my eyes again. "Oh, I'm so sca – Ah!" I yelled, the air rushing from my lungs as Logan effortlessly tossed me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I ordered. "Guys, help me!" My pack just stood there laughing.

"They're on my side, ma vie," Logan told me, his voice laced with laughter.

"You can put me down now, Logan. I won't run," I quietly promised.

"Good!" he said, carefully setting me on my feet.

Before I could stop it, a small laugh bubbled out of my mouth. "You're ridiculous."

"Follow me."

We walked in a comfortable silence towards the center of town. Why were we going into town? As I thought about it, in the week or two I had been there the only time I had been into town was the first day we arrived. Curiosity burned through my body as I glanced up at Logan. A small smile was playing at the corners of his mouth. "What're you thinking about?" I asked.

"Nothing, ma vie," he replied, bringing our intertwined hands up to his mouth before kissing the back of mine.

Warmth spread through my veins at the slight display of affection. "So what're we doing today?" I inquired, taking in the storefronts that lined either side of the street.

"Shopping," Logan responded with a one shouldered shrug.

Riverview was a small town, but it was closer to a village. The streets were small and there were barely any cars on them. It was quaint, and I loved it. The main part that we were in was mostly shops, but I could see that it branched off into streets lined with houses farther down. "Is that where the rest of the pack lives?" I asked him, pointing to the opposite side of town.

A smile slipped onto his face. "Yeah, that's where all the young ones are. As they age and gain better skills, they'll be eligible to move into the pack house if they choose to, but for now they all stay with their families," he explained.

"That's smart," I commented. The Pierce's had never had a 'pack house'. They just expected every member of the incredibly large pack to come to training and stay loyal. They were nothing like a family. That was one of the things I admired about Logan and his pack. They were close.

"Are you okay?" Logan asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Fine," I replied, banishing all thoughts of my family from my mind.

He looked skeptical but didn't push the subject any further. "Alright. Well, here we are," he said, gesturing to the small shop in front of us. The wooden sign hanging over the door read Aunt Millie's Clothes and Apparel. "It's the best place to get clothes here without going up into the city," he explained, scratching the back of his neck.