Sighing, I took another sip of my coffee. Fuck, I missed this. The bitter taste tasting slightly sweeter after months of not drinking the hot the beverage.

I wanted to do everything right during my pregnancy, so I drank kale smoothies, even though they made me throw up, took every Lamaze class available and read all the books I could get my hands on.

I also walked. I walked a lot.

That was the only thing to do around here, in sunny Verona, since I had no television or radio to speak of. Nothing except sweet sweet nature to keep my company.

And I loved it. Although sometimes nostalgia set in and I found myself homesick and all alone in my little villa on the edge of town.

Even though Nana Marie was just next door, it was lonely sometimes, and I tried to forget the loneliness by facetimeing my parents, my brothers and Tessa.

At the beginning, the temptation to call Aaron was too strong so I got Nana Marie to block and delete his number, the same with Tristan.

A fresh start meant I had to push my failed relationships into the past, so I did just that.

Quiet cries earned my attention, as I walked off from the balcony and entered my bedroom. The conjoining room to my left was still being constructed into a nursery and I was glad for it because it meant I got to sleep with my little bundle of joy for longer.

I gently picked up my crying babe and rocked side to side gently. I was fortunate enough that my mum had scheduled her visit the very day that I went into labour. She held my hand through all the screaming and cursing, and cried with me when my baby came into this world.

Now it had been a few weeks and so my mum had left for New York, but soon she would return with the rest of my family in tow. Everything had to be done with the upmost discretion. Even though Aaron and Tristan had let me go, I didn't want to risk them finding out my whereabouts.

Call me selfish, but my baby was everything.

It was true, motherhood changed people.

My life no longer revolved, around partying, drinking and having fun. It was all around my baby, my baby that had become the centre of my life. The very reason for my existence.

Being here, amongst the ocean and just my baby for company made me reflect on everything. On two men I had fallen completely in love with.

Tristan was a great a love but ultimately Aaron was the love. The love that consumed you whole and made your life up to that point feel completely utterly worthless, because when you met them, when you met your very soulmate. You realised that nothing could compare to that. Nothing could compare to simply being with them, your other half, the missing piece to that part of you soul that always felt like it was missing. No matter what anyone says, I know inside my heart that Aaron Black was the love of my life.

And know I would always have a piece of him with me, forever.

I glanced down at my baby girl, a sheen of black hair coating her head and her gentle ocean eyes widening as she looked up at me.

I didn't need a DNA test to know that she was Aaron's, she was a product of our love. The love that broke me, consumed but ultimately saved me.

Even though it still hurt, she made it worth it. My little girl. Our little girl. Anastasia Selena Romano.

Fin
________________________________

A/N: Ahhh, and we are done!!!

Chained Lovers is officially completed and I know that ending sucked and it was heart breaking but this means...drum roll...that there will be a second book!!!!

Can you guess the name?

Chained Princess!!! So go onto the next chapter for more information on it!

Thoughts on the name? It took me so long to choose and thank you for all the beautiful suggestions!

How do you feel about the baby being Aaron's? About it being a girl? Were you hoping for a boy?

What about Tristan and Aaron's reconciliation? Yes, they are back to being friends!

Favourite moment in the book?

Favourite character?

How did you like the book overall?

Bring a smile to my face and please press that vote button. Also feel free to write a comment, I love hearing from you guys! ❤️