44. Day 4- Super-bonding-III

Start from the beginning

The kids were enjoying loudly and gleefully on many swings(jhoola) and giant wheels. The cacophony of their shrills were music to her ears.

Everyone was free to act and do as they wish, without bothering anyone else. They were all engrossed in their own enjoyment.

Every scene was so delightful and beautiful that Shikha couldn't help herself but got absorbed on the infectious merrymaking. She looked here and there all the time, so that she couldn't miss anything; keeping all in her memory.

Shikha- oh my god, this fair should appropriately be termed as festival. I have never ever seen anything like that.

Gangaputra- Never???

Shikha- Never. Oh look at that and these .... Gosh! This is so amazing.

She was pointing out to him one after another entertaining sights to him and if it wasn't for her Mehendi, she would have dragged him.

Gangaputra was utterly entranced by her. He couldn't look anywhere but her. She was so spellbound by the sights before her that she looked like a mere child herself. And he was bewitched by her happiness.

Shikha was rushing to see another sight when she was bumped by one of the children who was running towards the swing, but Gangaputra was there to hold her in his arms.

Gangaputra- Easy, sweetheart. You have all day ahead of you. No need to rush.

She felt herself even hotter than a furnace. Is it because of the sun above them or because she was in his arms and he called her sweetheart or because of the energy of the fair. She shook her head as she doesn't care. This is the happiest day of her life.

A vendor was shouting from his shop to buy silken shawls. Shikha's attention goes towards it.

Shikha- Can we please see it?!

Gangaputra- Sure.

They walked to the shop. The vendor seeing Shikha tried to showcase his shawls, but seeing Mahamahim behind her, his eyes widened.

Gangaputra nodded his head to the vendor to continue it. The vendor showed her many silken shawls of different colours.

Shikha turned to Gangaputra.

Shikha- These are so beautiful. I wish I could touch them... They look so smooth and soft.

There is nothing that Shikha wishes and Gangaputra wouldn't be able to get it done. He picked up the shawl and bring it near her and rub it gently on her cheek.

Gangaputra- Soft enough?!

Shikha- Softest. 

Vendor- They are of best quality. You won't get it anywhere. How many do I pack???

Shikha- No, no. I don't want to buy???

She moved away from there. Gangaputra was on his heels behind her. He put his hand on her arm.

Gangaputra- Why didn't you buy it, you like that so much???!

Shikha shrugged. She was blowing air on her mehendi to get it dried.

Shikha- You didn't tell me that we are coming to the village fair. Else, I would have brought my money bag with me.

It was now his turn to look at her open-mouthed.

Gangaputra- You are my guest at Hastinapur. You didn't have to pay for anything. You can have anything you like.

Shikha asked casually.