Draco's grip on his wand tightens and his jaw clenches harder. Harry's words go to a place in Draco's mind that they shouldn't but he can't stop them.

                      "Because of you, all hope is lost."

       From feet away, Snape flicks his wand and casts a spell on Harry that stuns him to the ground. I wait for him to get back up but he just lays there, unconscious.

              "More are coming, you four need to leave." He says in a stern tone.

           Malory moves closer to him. "Well, where are you going to go? We can't just split up at a time like this-"

             "Yes, we can." He snaps. "Go somewhere safe and stay hidden until you hear from me."

      I see Malory's mouth open to argue once again but before she can get the words out, Draco latches himself to the three of us and we apparate away from Hogwarts.

     I don't know where I expected to end up, but Grimmauld was on the complete opposite side of the list. But at the same time, where else would we go?

Malory's POV

         It's been 48 hours since we arrived at Grimmauld. No word from Snape or any of the other Death Eaters yet, which is putting us all on edge.

        The second we arrived Draco locked himself in one of the rooms upstairs. He came down a few times to grab booze but didn't say a word. As badly as I want to be there to comfort him I know he won't let me yet. So once again we are all playing another waiting game.

                        "Should I make more soup?"

      Aary looks up at me and shakes her head. Blaise does the same. I finish washing the dishes from supper and then rejoin them at the table.

               "I hate not knowing," Blaise says quietly. "It feels like we've all been left hanging on a cliff with rocks that are about to fall."

                    I run my hands through my hair and sigh. "Yeah."

      I feel myself unintentionally looking over at the entrance to the kitchen in hopes of seeing Draco walking in, but the doorway is always empty. After I look away from there, my eyes automatically go to the window and wait for an owl to show up with a note. The only thing I can see is the empty streets of London.

            "Do you-" Aary lifts her chin from her knee. "Do you think we'll be able to finish school?"

        At first I stay quiet because nothing I can say will make her feel better, but then I remember how painful the silence can be.

                         "You two might be able to." I respond.

           She shakes her head. "I don't want to go back without you, though."

             I swallow the lump in my throat. "Draco's face is going to be on wanted posters soon, Harry is going to tell people who my dad is. There's just no way-"

                 "I know, I'm sorry." She cuts me off. "I just wanted one more year of it."

        Blaise spins his ring on the table multiple times until Aary slams her hand down on it. He huffs aggressively and gets up from the table.