Chapter 5

They get back to the castle and walk up to their quarters.

Zen gets changed into clothes that are not soaking wet and then headed back to Jumins room.

He knocks on the door and waits for Jumin to open it.

"Come in Zen," Jumin lets him in and goes to his desk.

"Sir I'm glad you're okay but need to be more careful."

"Well, I know that now but I wanted to thank you."

"Well thank you sir but I was just doing my job, and that's to protect you from harm" Jumin sighs and walks back to Zen.

"No, really I wanted to thank you because that outfit held a very special place in my heart and you kept it from getting ruined."

"If you don't mind me asking, why was it so important to you?"

"Well it was the last birthday gift she gave me, my 20th birthday, and I wanted to wear it today because it is actually her 7th year being gone today."

"I'm so sorry to hear that sir but I'm very glad I could keep you and your jacket safe from the water."

"Now we should head down for dinner it's almost time."

"Yes sir, but before we go, how are you dealing with the queen not here?"

Jumin takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, this was a very touchy subject for him, and never talked about it with anyone. In truth, it was hard for him, he loved his mother, she was the one keeping all of the girls away from him when he told her he wasn't ready for marriage, she was the one who showed him the bakery, she was the only one that he felt really deeply cared for him, but he could never tell anyone about this. It hurt him too much to even think about.

And that's when it happened, Zen looked at Jumin who was staring at the wall, and saw a tear rolling down his cheek, Zen knew nobody asked him how he was dealing with her death in years and now he can see that it was still really hard for him.

"I'm so sorry sir, you don't have to answer that."

"Thank you for asking, but it has still been really hard," he took another deep breath and looked Zen in the eyes," But right now we need to get to supper,"

"You are absolutely right sir, but if you ever need to talk about it, I will be here to listen."

---------------

"Ah, Jumin there you are," The king said and you could hear the distaste in his voice like he was looking at a commoner.

"Yes I'm right here, were you looking for me?" He said getting very confused about why he would need him.

"Well, for one Lady Sarah told me that you left her in the market, and two you didn't go into town to announce the arrival of her either."

Jumin had completely forgotten about having to announce her arrival, but he really didn't care too much because her arrival was not that big of a deal to him. And Lady Sarah left them he did not leave Lady Sarah.

"Well father for one, Lady Sarah was telling me that I had to have Zen leave while we went to the market, and I told her no because Zen is not allowed to leave my side, so she got mad and stomped off, and second why did I need to announce her arrival anyway? Is she really that important that everyone in the kingdom must know?"

"Well my son, it is important to announce the arrival of your fiance."

The room went deathly silent, the only thing you could hear was the rapid beating of Jumins heart. Jumin and Zen were both thinking the same thing, what did he just say? They couldn't have heard that right, Jumin's fiance?

"Father, what do you mean fiance? She was only here to visit, and to see if I liked her, not if she liked me." The words he spoke cut the tension in the air like a sword

"Well we had a change of plans and now you will marry her on the 26th of November."

That was only a few months from now, a million thoughts were running through Jumins head all at once, he had so many questions but couldn't speak a word. He just looked at his father who was sitting across from him and sighed, what could he do to stop it, it was inevitable. The only way he could think about getting out of it right now was to marry someone else in that period, which he thought was impossible. Especially for him, who he thought himself was unloveable.

He looked down at his food and lost his apatite and excused himself from the table, and Zen followed right after him.

Zen followed him all the way to the garden, it was always so nice out here, especially at night when the moon gleamed off of the small koi pond in the middle of the flowers. Jumin stoped at the bench at the right to the pond and sat down, looked at the fish swimming peacefully, then thinking about a little Zen trying to save them from drowning and smiled.

"Sir are you alright? That was a lot to take in all at once." he sat down on the bench next to Jumin.

"I'm going, to be honest with you Zen, I hate that woman so much, I would order you to take her out, but that would put us both in danger."

"I feel the same way, she gets on my nerves, like why does she always want me gone, it's my job to be next to you every minute of every day."

"I don't understand either, but how am I going to get out of this, I'm stuck, well, I did think of one thing I could do but it would be too crazy to even tell you."

"Please tell now you got me intrigued,"

"Well, fine, it's crazy just to warn you, but it was to get married before November 26th,"

"Sir why do you think that's such a crazy idea?"

"Because I'm unlovable so I could never actually get married and be happy."

"Sir your not unlovable, why do you think that?"

"Well, the better question is why do you think I am lovable."

"Well right now I know because of how much you still miss the queen, that means you still love her and miss her,  I am positive now that she really loved you too, so I know you are lovable and are able of loving too," Zen looked at Jumin who was still looking at the koi in the pond, "Sir, I think you can get out of this with that plan, we just need you to find someone you love in a few months, and I think we can do that." Zens voice was soft like the roses peddles that surrounded them.

"Do you think I can love you?"

"What?! Um, sir are feeling ok? Do I need to go get the medic- "

"Zen, answer my question, do you think I can love you?" Jumin glanced back at Zen who was starting to panic.

"Well maybe, but there are so many wonderful people out there, why me?"

"Because I know I could fall in love with you in a few months, and you said that's what we needed to do right?"

Zen was freaking out he had no idea how Jumin looked this calm, out of everyone in the whole kingdom why was he asking him? And does he not care that Zens a man? Does that not bother him? Zen can admit that he does find the prince handsome but who wouldn't he has the softest gray eyes and the silkiest black hair, and he has a very nice body, you could tell he takes care of it. And at this moment he realized that it won't be impossible to fall in love with Jumin in a few months after all.

Heyyyyyy it's me again don't mind me still not updating on schedule but I hope you enjoyed and now let's see where we go from this.